News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Developer's Log

Started by CraigStern, February 11, 2013, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

--repositioned the Actions Window so it always shows up by default in the bottom-right (unless you reposition it, in which case it'll remember the new spot)

--made it so the actions window shifts accordingly toward the bottom-right when going into fullscreen mode from windowed mode so as to remain in the bottom-right corner

CraigStern

--you can now use special characters in the Speaker Name portion of dialog trees (allowing you to reference -FNAME- or a -STR- for the speaker's name).

--fixed some typos in the Rescuing Meridian battle that caused certain scripted events (such as recruiting Meridian) to not work correctly.

CraigStern

--fixed: AddSpeakerPortrait was not working with -FNAME-; now it does! ;)

I've updated installers for both the game and the map editor online. You'll need to completely uninstall, delete the install folder for, and then reinstall the map editor just like you did with the main game--again, because of the expired certificate thing. (Sorry about that.)

CraigStern

--fixed a a particularly tricky bug that was causing dialog triggered in the first slide of a Static Cut Scene to be triggered twice (resulting in weird bugs like two copies of character portraits spawning right on top of each other).

CraigStern

--three new character portraits are done, with more en route! Here are Silas Harrowbeak, Teresa Dayo and Lord Dakarai.

CraigStern

--optimized the game's rain particles to eliminate slowdown during rainy scenes

CraigStern

--made the loading screen more attractive, gave it an animation so you know if it's frozen

--fixed some unappealing artifacts in the Telepath Tactics logo on the title screen when in full screen mode

--altered the title screen art to improve the legibility of the main menu

--added a new font to the game that's more in keeping with the setting; I've been going through and replacing the old Arial and Arial Black text with it in most instances. You can see how it looks on the title screen in the screenshot below.

CraigStern

--reduced the cost of Pyro Blast, Cryo Blast, Light Blast and Shadow Blast to 4 in order to make psy fighters more consistently useful in battle

--we now have Stunner, Bonebreaker, Cripple and Ability animations for the mysterious hooded lissit character ;)

CraigStern

--new script actions: AddObjective and RemoveObjective. These add and remove objectives fro the current battle (naturally).

CraigStern

--new UI improvement: attack reticles now show the relevant current stat (health / energy / other stat) being affected by a prospective attack / ability.

CraigStern

--I've further refined the new info display in attack reticles; it is now easier to read / distinguish from the attack's primary effect

CraigStern

--more UI prettiness. I've just redone the Settings menu; see below!

(Also, just for fun, here's another pic of the new reticles.)

CraigStern

--Bandit Shove animations are finally complete! ;)

CraigStern

--the current attack name now remains at the top of the screen for as long as you take targeting it; it vanishes a couple seconds after the attack is launched (or when the attack is canceled), but not before.

CraigStern

--got the two new cut scenes I was working on finished!

--create a couple of new castle stairwell tiles, added them to the tileset

--am working on explorable areas within the bandit fortress ;)