News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Developer's Log

Started by CraigStern, February 11, 2013, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

After further investigation, I've decided that custom TTsav files are not the way to go, as parsing them would be complicated and prone to errors; I'm instead adapting the existing code for generating these files and formatting them as XML files instead. I'm also going to be incorporating the data from the various save slots into each saved game (they are currently kept separate from one another). More to come soon...

CraigStern

--the game now produces nicely formatted XML save game files! :)

(I've attached an example save file generated near the very beginning of the game.)

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which the game would not save changes to individual character inventories on the reserve supplies screen.

--recoded a bunch of inventory management functions with copyArray() to prevent array entanglement.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which the rightmost door on the ground-level coria tavern map was impassable due to improperly set elevation.

CraigStern

--the game now explicitly destroys old saved games when overwriting them with a new campaign to avoid any possibility of old data infiltrating the new game.

CraigStern

Sigh; Adobe has decided to spontaneously drop support for Mac OS versions older than 10.9, and the laptop I've been borrowing to push the Mac updates has OSX version 10.8.5. (The owner doesn't want to update, as every OS update slows his machine down further.)

This means that I can't push any further updates until the situation is addressed. I've basically zeroed out my checking account to order a Mac Mini, which should be arriving in about a week; I'll set it up and push an update ASAP once it arrives. In the meantime, I'm going to keep fixing bugs...

CraigStern

--fixed an issue in which the software I use to make the game decided to wipe the saved location of its icons. They'll be back in the next update.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug where the game glitched out when you tried to save manually during deployment.

CraigStern

--added a new property to one-shot sounds wherein they can be tagged with a string.

--added an optional second parameter to the PlaySound script action: sound tag. This assigns a string to a one-shot sound effect to serve as the sound's tag.

--new script action: StopSound. One parameter: a string, the tag of the one-shot sound to stop playing. (If multiple one-shot sounds have the same tag, then if you use that tag with StopSound, all of them will stop playing.)

CraigStern

--added text about damage fall-off to the third part of the game tutorial if the player takes too long figuring out how to destroy the altar

CraigStern

Thank goodness, my Mac Mini finally arrived! I've gotten it set up and loaded with the necessary software--I should be able to push a new build of the game tonight. :)

CraigStern

--good news: I think I've pinpointed to the source of the game's memory leak! Bad news: it's somewhere in the third-party particle engine, which is rather obtusely coded. It might take me a while to figure out how to fix it--so much so that I wonder whether it could actually be better for me to simply write a brand-new particle engine myself... Annnnnnd I figured out a fix for it! Holy crap--the game runs blazing fast now. I am so very pleased. I'll be pushing version 1.038 shortly. :D

CraigStern

CraigStern

- fixed a bug in which one could not add +, -, * or / operators in the Tags field of the Edit Character window in the map editor.

CraigStern

--new script action: Log. Takes one parameter: a string to print to the game's log.