News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The early access bug reporting thread

Started by CraigStern, February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeenLeen

I was checking the bug I found about shoving on Donut Tower and found another interesting one.

If I push a person down the tower, such that they would land where another unit already is, they 'fell' back up to the end.  In the attached screenshot, I pushed a soldier from the spot marked with an X.  They fell to where the spirit was, then continued to 'fall' to the next square.  (I circled the unit.)  It turn falling damage and was stunned; the spirit was also stunned, but I forget if it actually took damage or just a 0 showed up.  (See Push.jpg).

I tested another example later, where the square behind the unit (i.e., where the guy 'fell' to in the above example) was occupied.  In this case, the person fell to the side.  In every case, the person it fell on took 0 damage but was stunned.  After the archer drowned, I tried it with the golem and it fell to the other side, landing on the ground instead of the water.  See Push_2.jpg for a screenshot when just the archer had fallen.

I then tried pushing someone such that the path they fell had a flying unit in the way, and it froze again.  (I tried this to make sure the bug I mentioned earlier wasn't fixed in a more recent installer.)

bugfartboy

Quote from: bugfartboy on May 06, 2013, 07:37:30 PM
Quote from: bugfartboy on May 06, 2013, 05:15:08 PM
I'm having some trouble with the dialog box. I can see the first two reply options, albeit somewhat awkwardly, and can't see the third.
I wasn't sure whether to classify it as a bug or not.
It does the same in full screen, windowed mode was the only way I could get a screenshot that would include the dialog box.

A little update: It seems selecting a reply will cause it to reposition itself.

jhocking

There is a white bit between the legs of all the character sprites. Presumably that is supposed to be transparent. (I'm playing the game sent to backers, I don't know if this problem was in the demo but I probably would have noticed it.)

EDIT: oh I just realized that's the arrow showing which way they are facing. hm I'm not a fan of that arrow, do people really have trouble seeing which way a character is facing?

come to think of it, it might be nice for the characters to start facing down so the player can see their faces, rather than starting with them facing up. That's just personal preference though, not a bug.

jhocking

I just had the game freeze on me. I was in the middle of a battle; specifically, it was the enemy's turn and they had all gone so it looked like it was about to become my turn again. In the screenshot you'll notice there is an orphaned white arrow on the ground, I don't know if that is any clue.

bugfartboy

I notice it's next to a water tile. Most likely, the glitch that seems to pseudo-remove units that die in a liquid is still around.

CraigStern

Quote from: jhocking on May 07, 2013, 10:31:45 PM
I just had the game freeze on me. I was in the middle of a battle; specifically, it was the enemy's turn and they had all gone so it looked like it was about to become my turn again. In the screenshot you'll notice there is an orphaned white arrow on the ground, I don't know if that is any clue.

That sounds like a bug I fixed a few days ago. Have you updated your install recently?

jhocking

Not within the last few days, I'll reinstall.

bugfartboy

This works with all of my units:
     When a unit attacks, the actions bar at the bottom still has "Done" "Rotate" and "Move" on it. This allows me to move a character that has technically finished its turn.

hockidy

Armies which have been saved empty while setting up a local match can not be opened by clicking 'view army'.

CraigStern

JeenLeen

I mentioned something like this a while ago, but I think I figured it out a bit more.  A couple times the game has glitched after a computer-controlled unit, as the first action of its turn, uses an item.  At first I can do nothing but click on things to see movement ranges, stats, etc, but if I hit F1 to open the options menu, then I can click on an enemy unit (any unit in that army, not just the one that used the item) and control it.  Last time I got it to move, but then the enemy AI took back over.  The enemy unit I moved did not take an action (it was in position to attack another CPU unit of an opposed army).
In case it matters, I think the item adjusted resistances and was one of the elements (light/dark?).  Last time this happened, it was the slash/pierce/crush item.

This was not on the latest install, but I mention it now because I cannot easily replicate it (can't force a CPU-controlled unit to use an item).

CraigStern

Thanks! I'll see if I can figure it out. In the meantime, if you want to try testing it out, you could make a backup of Items.xml in the Multiplayer folder, then remove all the items in there except for Steel Plate, Thermal Paste and Lead Ointment to see if it's the resistance changes that are causing it. :)

JeenLeen

I haven't checked the item bug again, but I found something new (and just downloaded and upgraded with the new installer about 11 PM EST May 24).

I put in a battle using the specs in the attached screenshot.  When the battle started, it said Player 2 won.  The banner for winning has 0 in all its attributes (damage dealt, items grabbed, etc.), but 150 points.  I tried another time and it was player 1 that won.
EDIT: It hit me that only the normal 3 units per army appeared each time I tried this.  Maybe due to the small map it didn't generate a general?

This is the only time I tried another battle (4-players, 1 human, rest CPU, on the Stonebridge) and this did not happen.  I tried 2 players on Stonebridge, and it error did not occur.  It also occurred if I set the respawn rate to none (not sure what that does, so I was experimenting by setting it a value).

I did notice a few interesting things, though.
1. I could damage my general and it would take him to negative HP instead of killing him.

2. If I exit a battle screen while the points are still tallying (making the sound effect as the points accumulate 'ching-ching-ching'), the sound effect persists.  The sound continues even if I start a new battle, but it does end if I let the new battle's ending 'ching-ching-ching' sound stop.  (EDIT: same also happens during Campaign mode, and has it persist through the next battle.  Persists also if you Surrender or Quit Game while it's continuing, even through the 'defeat music' Surrender causes.)

3. In Campaign Mode.  I choose Surrender, and the defeat music plays.  But nothing happens.  I click to bring up the menu, and choose Quit Game.  The battle results.  (Same happens if I choose Quit Game first.)  There was no way (that I could see) for me to quit to the title screen.  (Also it didn't ask me "Are you sure?"  I know that was a feature you are planning on adding, but I mention this in case it was supposed to be in already.)

4. In the 4-way battle on Stonebridge, when I choose to 'Surrender' in hopes of ending the battle, the other enemies (all CPU) kept fighting.  Is there a way to cause the battle to end early?  I thought there was, but I didn't see it when I looked at the menu.  Ended up Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out.

Nendrel

Hi Craig.
I have the next issue on version 0.455.337 (i think it is the last one). When i try to quit the battle/game, the battle is reloaded instead. If I choose to surrender, victory music is played and the game is crashed.

JeenLeen

Another from campaign mode in the 1st scene (Training): if I destroy a barrel, Grant's dialog starts and the battle ends.  This happens whether I destroy one on the 2nd or 3rd turn, and happens immediately after the barrel is destroyed.

(As a side question, do barrels always have items, % chance of having items, or when designing the map you code what barrels have items?  Likewise, if items, are they randomly determined or coded beforehand?)

Quote from: Nendrel on May 25, 2013, 05:53:09 AM
Hi Craig.
I have the next issue on version 0.455.337 (i think it is the last one). When i try to quit the battle/game, the battle is reloaded instead. If I choose to surrender, victory music is played and the game is crashed.

That sounds like what I was seeing (#3 in my post above), although I read it as 'defeat' music instead of victory music.