News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics stretch goals: come vote!

Started by CraigStern, February 27, 2013, 01:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What stretch goals should Telepath Tactics have in the upcoming Kickstarter campaign?

mobile ports (iOS / Android)
18 (30%)
a desert tileset
5 (8.3%)
a shadowling city tileset
8 (13.3%)
a dungeon tileset with traps, openable doors, scripted levers and buttons
28 (46.7%)
randomized battlefield generation
25 (41.7%)
extra NPCs with animated sprites
13 (21.7%)
extra character classes with animated sprites
36 (60%)
voice acting for the main campaign
4 (6.7%)
an extra branch in the main campaign
21 (35%)
professional, original sound effects
8 (13.3%)
other (list below)
7 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: March 18, 2013, 02:51:39 PM

CraigStern

The Telepath Tactics Kickstarter Campaign begins on March 14th. Pick your top 3 stretch goals representing stuff you want to have in Telepath Tactics!

StromIV

I picked these:
a desert tileset
a shadowling city tileset
a dungeon tileset with traps, openable doors, scripted levers and buttons

I am more of a fan of extra areas to work in.  I don't think the mobile version should be a big deal though.  That is something that could come after the initial release.  I would rather funding go into adding as much stuff into the original game as possible, and then once the title is released and funds start coming in, then work on additional platforms.

If I had to choose an order for other things I would vote like this (highest priority to lowest):
an extra branch in the main campaign
extra character classes
extra NPCs
voice acting for the main campaign
professional, original sound effects

CraigStern

Danceman

I selected
and Other

My other would be a score system (ex: rtype tactics) for a challenge campaign, just battles of each level of the AI with a global score boardPOGFDW

Blackstaff

I'm for

Dungeon tile set
Extra character classes
Extra branching campaign

More choice -------> Better game  :)

CraigStern

Ertxiem

I agree that more choice means that the game has more potential to attract more people.

I chose in decreasing order:
- A dungeon tileset with traps, openable doors, scripted levers and buttons;
- Extra character classes;
- And randomized battlefield generation - a good generation can bring us to play again.

Thanks for hearing us (once more), Craig.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

ArtDrake

I only chose Other, since while it's not a comparable amount of work to doing three of the goals, I am very much in favor of continuing to lend support to game modification and campaign creation. If you were going to keep going as you were with that anyway, well, there's really naught more I'd want anyway.

bugfartboy

Other: I think it would be interesting to see more interactions between battles and dialogue: i.e. Certain attacks triggering specific conversations (A special "Talk" attack to use in maps designed for exploration: Such as in attempting to recreate TRPG2 and possibly TSoG.)

Second to that I voted for the dungeon tileset, followed by the mobile port- I mean extra NPC Character sprites.

SmartyPants

I want to see more tiles and more character spirtes, so we can see more variation in storytelling and gameplay.

CraigStern

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Quote from: SmartyPants on February 28, 2013, 12:41:17 PM
What do you mean by "extra NPCs"?  Does that just mean more characters in the game?

Well, yes: but it also means more animated sprites that can be used for NPCs in campaigns. (Think various civilians of differing ages and genders, children, different types of shadowlings and lizardmen, etc.)

SmartyPants

If I had known that, then I would have voted for "extra NPCs". :(

I thought you just met more NPC characters using the sprites you already have available.  Maybe you should change the name to "extra NPC animated sprites" to avoid more confusion.

CraigStern

I just updated the wording; you can change your vote if you like.

borsook

I have a feeling too many of the goals are stuff that's appealing to modders, but not necessarily to people who just want to play the game...