News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

vs CPU and multi-player questions

Started by JeenLeen, March 22, 2013, 12:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeenLeen

In the final version of the game, will there be the option for one player vs. multiple computer-control armies, all fighting against one another?  What about 3 players verses 3 CPU (or 2 players verses 4, or any other combination)? 
From the videos I imagine these exist, but want to make sure before I back enough to get a copy of the game, since that's a key selling point for me.

In multi-player, is it all players using the same computer by default (I guess taking turns with the keypad and mouse)?

bugfartboy

From what I understand, the game was originally intended to be hot-seat multiplayer. Meaning: yes there is a function for all players to share a computer. I do believe that Craig intends to implement an email based multiplayer. (If it isn't already implemented in the full version of the game.)

CraigStern

Hey JeenLeen, the full game currently supports up to 6 players in any combination of human or CPU players, either in a free-for-all or on teams of 2 or 3 players. Play-by-email is a definite possibility, as I started coding that a while back before I switched gears to single player focus. It wouldn't be too much work to finish that up before release, I believe.

JeenLeen

That sounds wonderful and has convinced me to get a copy.  Thank you!