News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Revival by Nelis

Started by Ertxiem, February 28, 2010, 03:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

Then why are the ones we kill ever reverse engineered, we must wait till we attack their base to learn how to make them.

cyso

Dorgon has the ability to talk and answer questions. Does that count as having a spirit?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

Probably because of that memory issue: that is, Nelis needs someone to make the impressions for the soul to search. Plus, we don't know if any of the Energy Golems were destroyed, so there might be nothing for her to find.
Also, that is another point that hasn't been raised: can she revive hostile beings? Or would their soul impression be such that it will refuse to yield to revival? After all, in TRPG2 she only revived allies, and possibly neutral units, but not enemies. And even then, she couldn't revive all allies (cf Gen. Darkeye).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

I don't think that Nelis is willing to give an effort to revive fallen enemies. Even if she could. She doesn't know if she can control them. Therefore, her efforts are better placed at reviving her fallen allies.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Zhampir

If it's a matter of control, couldn't we just slap a slave bracelet on them?

KZ

She is probably not willing, for many reasons, but then there is militaristic advantage: kill an enemy, then revive him in captivity and use involuntary scanning on him (or her).
I do suspect that there is that cause of death factor: beings overtly hostile to Nelis will leave a thought impression that will disallow Nelis from allowing them. Suicides take a slightly differnt angle, as they willingly part with the material plane, thereby not leaving anything temporarily lingering behind (and those who really struggle produce Spirits).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

lordnova

Well she is powerful and her age is unknown, she could revive anyone,  but she is dead now, i would like to know how they are going to revive people now ???

I think that Nelis use the same skill as luca maybe people think she is  GODDESS she could revival anyone eevn her self like luca

MikeW781

Luca being able to revive herself is most likely attributed to her being a spirit, and she is quoted as saying that spirits can be dissapated, but will return. Also, combine your double post.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 01, 2010, 02:19:17 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on February 28, 2010, 03:31:29 PMI believe that Queen Nelis revives people the same way Luca does. Being a powerful enough psy to use multiple elements, Nelis should be able to learn Soul Suck. To get Soul Charges, she would have to kill someone with Soul Suck. If she depends on her supply of Soul Charges to resurrect the dead, then that would explain why the Queen "won't raise the dead for just anyone." She also requires the corpse of the fallen in order to revive them.  If a body is completly destroyed or it can't be recovered, the person in unable to revived.
I completely disagree on both counts, especially in light of what I've written in my last posts in the Noctus still alive? thread with regards to the need for the body for the person to be revived.  The fact that Nelis "won't raise the dead just for anyone" indicates more that she can't be asked to waste her time for those who are not important for her plans.  The fact that Gen. Darkeye cannot die (again, speculation, including suicide, on the first page of the Noctus thread) and that fate itself, rather than Nelis, revive the Main, indicates that there is much more to it than just a body or lack thereof. Look at the attacks that kill teammates: sometimes they get killed by a Mind Blast, and that leaves essentially no marks on the body, or they can be burned by Fire Breath or sliced up by Spin Saw, yet all can be revived, though in some cases the bodies are mutilated or lost (Nelis can revive teammates who were lost over water in Lake Alto battles- and given that a lot of them die mid-battle, no teammate has time to go and collect the bodies, especially if only the Main remains alive). Then again, fate revives the Main, even if he's killed right in front of Tastidian by Flavin or Vagrant.
The need of a body for revival is further proved when Rahel says, "I don't like this reliance on Luca. She's useful, but she can't revive us without Duvalier, and she can't do it without the body."

Steelfist

Bear in mind that we aren't certain that Nelis revives in the same way as Luca; it's possible that Nelis doesn't need the body, due to sheer strength or mere difference in style and ability, whereas Luca does. However, how (and why) does Luca need Duvalier to revive people?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Steelfist on January 07, 2011, 11:47:13 AMBear in mind that we aren't certain that Nelis revives in the same way as Luca; it's possible that Nelis doesn't need the body, due to sheer strength or mere difference in style and ability, whereas Luca does.
I hope you didn't just read the last post, because there are numerous reasons given in the topic that helps one conclude that a body is need for revival.  The last bit of infro just further supports the theory.

Quote from: Steelfist on January 07, 2011, 11:47:13 AMHowever, how (and why) does Luca need Duvalier to revive people?
According to Griffin, Luca is only loyal to Duvalier.  Luca may not take revival requests from anyone else.