News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Characters weapons swapped

Started by Chris, April 26, 2015, 11:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

So, I am really enjoying this game - however is still has some bugs.

While I was playing the stage where you escape the castle through the bridge, I suddenly noticed Etoile couldn't attack because he had no lance (and it didn't break earlier) and then I realize that most of my characters had their weapons swapped: the healer equipped with/ able to fire a crossbow, Sabrina had and axe instead of her sword etc.

That's all :) Hope this gets fixed.

Senteria

Quote from: Chris on April 26, 2015, 11:26:46 AM
So, I am really enjoying this game - however is still has some bugs.

While I was playing the stage where you escape the castle through the bridge, I suddenly noticed Etoile couldn't attack because he had no lance (and it didn't break earlier) and then I realize that most of my characters had their weapons swapped: the healer equipped with/ able to fire a crossbow, Sabrina had and axe instead of her sword etc.

That's all :) Hope this gets fixed.

I forgot to report this. Indeed often my characters get their equipment swapped or rather copied? I don't know. There is no way some chars should be able to equip some items but then somehow it seems they copied the main character. Like my Meridan could attack with a steel sword.

kevin

This has happened to me numerous times.  Very annoying.  I just started a new game tonight, in fact, and when I got to the first merchant, I selected "Manage Items" and found that Emma and the axe-wielder were both equipped with lances, and there gear was nowhere to be found!  The first log attached here is from right when I noticed it, while still in the merchant screen.  The second is from the start of the next fight, when the equipment bug is still in effect.  I guess I'll be going back to an earlier save point... a save anywhere, anytime function, at least during battles, would be enormously appreciated.

CraigStern

Ugh. I spent literally hours on end today trying to reproduce this bug, to no avail. If you happen to notice anything--anything at all--that coincides with the swapping, let me know. I am really eager to get this fixed!

kevin

Well, here's a couple screenshots.  Can I send you my save game files somehow?

CraigStern

It wouldn't help--I already know what the game's code looks like after it happens. The thing I'm trying to figure out is what precedes the swap. It has to be something causing it!

Did you notice the swap before you purchased anything on the merchant screen--or had you done some things there beforehand? Did any of your characters die during the caravan battle?

kevin

No one died in the previous battle, and I don't remember whether I had purchased anything yet.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  It does seem that the issue occurs between battles.  Its happened to me other times, but I don't think I've ever noticed it in the middle of a battle.  Usually I notice it when I'm in the pre-battle item management screen.

CraigStern

Okay! I think I might have finally fixed this in version 1.028; try updating and see if it stops happening.

ifulmen

Last update was yesterday. I have played two missions today. Then I started the third (spearman duel), unfortunately my dude had only two wrenches (this is all my engineer had before).

Next mission (4th today) I have 2 Gunther dudes in Reserve. Cannot see their descriptions, all I know they are lvl 14 Bandits. They also do not appear in the list of characters in item management.

I have attached all the stuff so.... gl hf

Elm

I had this happen too - after the mission where you rescue the winged demon-y person from the bandit vault. Mission was successful, no losses on my side.

My lancer person's lance and my bandit's axes all disappeared, replaced with swords that they couldn't use, and a bunch of leather armor, and many other characters' inventories were randomly swapped around. Since it makes two key melee characters essentially worthless for the next several missions (until you see a merchant again) this is pretty nearly a game-over bug.

JaceButt

I had a very similar bug, any of my characters that picked up apples in the apple mission lost their weapons and equipment after the mission finished. This wouldn't have been so bad except that it was 5 of my characters, many of the melee ones too.

ifulmen

whoohoo, reading this I feel super lucky having lost just few items I could buy later and the spearman and having made it to the final mission...

Jolima

I had the same problem as well in 1.028. I first noticed it while shopping after the apple mission - some equipment sets had been duplicated onto other characters. I bought replacements for whatever was missing and played through the next mission. On the mission after, the main lizard had gotten a copy of Madeleine's equipment while the others two must both have gotten theirs from some mages since one only had bandages and the other had bandages plus a focus pill.

I still have saves from the previous two missions and just tried reloading from the previous mission and agreeing to their terms to basically skip it.

If I just do that immediately, I get the exact same result. If I first go in and remove something from Madeleine's equipment though, the equipment seem to get mixed up again. Now the main lizard started with just the bandages (maybe what he's supposed to start with?) and immediately got his mace while one of the others still had bandages plus pills and the other got a copy of the engineer's wrench.

Aaand then I managed to get that save overwritten so I can't attach it for you.  :(

I'll restart from the apple mission later to see if it happens again.

edit: Ok something seems off about dropping items on the preparation screen. It seems to unequip the item that now takes the place that the dropped item used to be in, but also mess things up more than that somehow. Equiping or unequiping items for that character sometimes doesn't work anymore. Or maybe really equips some other item?

I also noticed that if you save, drop an item and then reload the save the item remains dropped, so it's modifying the save file even if you don't save again afterwards. I once noticed that the portrait order had changed in the game after reloading as well. I think some equipment had been copied at that time as well.

Well, I hope I gave you some leads to pursue at least. :)

Sereb

Quote from: Jolima on May 04, 2015, 02:50:27 PM
I once noticed that the portrait order had changed in the game after reloading as well. I think some equipment had been copied at that time as well.

This is exactly what I am noticed as well. It also seems to have something to do with restarting the battle. I noticed it once before but had just started the game and thought maybe the weapons broke and I didn't notice. This time however, all of my Bandits throwing axes were gone (after restarting the battle in the tavern with the band of thieves) so I went to investigate and I noticed my Golem had changed spots and on of my heroes had the propeller item that was equipped on him (she had it equipped magically).

Thinking back, I had one battle that started and somehow my Mantis Rider had a crossbow equipped for the whole match too. I assume this was due to some item swapping seeing as he couldn't have equipped it otherwise and could not again after.

Jolima

Here's a reproducible way to cause the problem:

1. Load the attached save.
2. Go to manage inventory, open Emma's inventory and drop her Steel Sword.
3. Notice that her shield becomes unequipped.
4. Close inventory and start the battle.
5. Surrender immediately.
6. Go to manage inventory again and notice that a lot of the equipment has been swapped around and all of the characters are in reverse order.

I think Emma swapped with Farasat and Madeleine swapped with Gavrielle while the others kept their own equipment.