News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Promotion ability cost reductions not working

Started by Thaecrasis, May 15, 2015, 10:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaecrasis

I've noticed it once before but dismissed it, but now I've seen it happen again:

When certain classes get promoted (Mentalist->Puppeteer, Shadowling->Shadowheart, etc), it shows in their gained stats that they have a energy reductions to kinetic pull/gust, and shadowport, respectively, but the reductions in cost don't seem to actually apply.

When Louise became a Puppeteer, it said kinetic pull/gust were halved in cost, but remained costing 4 each, and shadow port was suppose to be reduced by 1 in cost, but remained at 6. I don't have the logs of these, but it should easily be reproducible to test.

eyhung

I'm also seeing this for Louise, Harynx, and the Photokineticist.  You may want to check all cost reductions. 

CraigStern

Thanks for the report! I'll look into this ASAP. :)

Thaecrasis

Any progress on this bug? I'm just wondering if I can let my Crykinetisist level up to 20 and get promoted yet or not, since I don't want to promote them without the psy cost reduction

edit: nvm, just tested it quickly; Phoebe's half cost of cryo blast isn't applying either

CraigStern

Okay! I've just fixed this--it will be corrected in the next update.

You'll be pleased to hear that you don't need to hold off on promoting anyone; the cost reduction should kick in for already-promoted characters once the new version drops. ;)