Patch 1.041: Can't use full-screen mode, and window mode is having problems

Started by Elvin, August 07, 2015, 04:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvin

My monitor has a resolution of 25560x1440, a 16:9 ratio, and have just restarted after finding out my save that I upgraded using 1.04 is still broken and unusable. When I play the game with FullScreen and Scaling ticked, I end up with a very zoomed0in view, as seen in the first attached photo. I am also unable to see the action box, so cannot e.g. open the menu, as for some reason that isn't bound to a key. I also cannot pan the view to the left or right, despite me knowing that the map is much larger than the current segment visible.

Turning off scaling in full screen yields the second picture. I am now able to see the action menu, but I still cannot scroll the game left or right, chopping off the leftmost section of the map. So still unusable.

Turning off fullscreen altogether yields the third screenshot. It gives me what I consider a very zoomed-in view of the battlefield, meaning I have to pan around a lot to make sense of the battlefield. This is okay on the small map I'm on, but when I get to the larger ones later will be unbearable. I tried to press the Windows "fullscreen" button, but this caused more bugs in the game - panning becomes sluggish, sometmes completely unresponsive until I click around a bit. There's a large black area to the right side of the now fullscreened window. And every time I move a unit the view drags itself far off to the right of what I'd expect.

Please note that the pictures had to be downsized heavily, as even in .jpeg they were too big, even the zips went over the size limits...

I'll reiterate my request from the last time: Could we please have 1.038 back? Perhaps make use of Steam's Beta Patch feature, which lets you put up whatever you want in the form of an opt-in field in the properties of the game, and put that last stable patch up? I just want to play your game. Thank you for your time.

CraigStern

Hey! Do me a favor--when you're panning around in these modes and the view seems "stuck," hit L to produce a log, then post it here. That will help me figure out what the issue is.

Simply rolling back isn't a great option, as it'll mean losing loads of other bug fixes and essential improvements along with the new display mode, but I can probably fix this pretty quickly once I have the right information about what's happening.

Elvin

Sure, here's the log at a point where I can only occasionally manage to move the camera, and not by much in any one motion.