News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Some abilities (Motivate, Hover) no longer functional

Started by Zetor, August 24, 2015, 11:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetor

It seems that Motivate doesn't... well, motivate people anymore. The animation plays and Emma gets xp, but the other character's turn isn't reset.
Same problem with Hover (from the copter): it goes off, the activating character gets xp, but they can't actually fly.

May be related to the problem in this thread?

Using latest steam version. No log was generated, so I forced one.
(NB: I was affected by the savegame bug a few patches back, but had to keep going since I'm doing a LP... I also attached the save file in case there's something amiss.)

CraigStern

Hm. I just loaded up your saved game, had Sabrina end her turn, then had Emma Motivate her--under those circumstances, it worked fine. Can you provide more details about the situation in which it stopped working?

(Same thing for using Hover with Madeleine on the first turn.)

Zetor

Quote from: CraigStern on August 24, 2015, 12:47:12 PM
Hm. I just loaded up your saved game, had Sabrina end her turn, then had Emma Motivate her--under those circumstances, it worked fine. Can you provide more details about the situation in which it stopped working?

(Same thing for using Hover with Madeleine on the first turn.)
That is pretty strange, I did those exact same things that you wrote, and the end result was the same as before: Sabrina didn't get a new turn and Madeleine was still grounded.

I was inclined to believe this was an artifact of a screwed-up savegame somewhere, but the save works OK on your side, it has to be something else...
e: just tried validating the Steam cache, didn't help. Could it be an AIR problem? I did recently move to Windows 10...

CraigStern

Tell you what: try using Motivate, then immediately hitting 'L' and attaching the log it generates. (The log you posted doesn't have the lines of code I'd need to diagnose the issue.)

CraigStern

Oh, wait--I have a hunch. Try opening your saved game file and changinge startingSeed (up at the top) to a number. Any number. I bet that'll fix it.

Zetor

Quote from: CraigStern on August 24, 2015, 04:16:57 PM
Oh, wait--I have a hunch. Try opening your saved game file and changinge startingSeed (up at the top) to a number. Any number. I bet that'll fix it.
It worked, thanks!

This is some eldritch stuff. :p

CraigStern

Ha, indeed. This'll be fixed in the next patch. :)