News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

After a 5 month break, my saves are ruined

Started by Senteria, October 26, 2015, 02:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senteria

So I took a break and after a few months, I decided to go back into it. Now everything is messed up. My most recent save is missing a lot of items. Somehow lots of people are using a mace which they should not be able to use. A lot of pictures are not loading somehow. I can't do anything with them...

My other save which is on the same map, does have all pictures loaded but here there are missing items as well and I can't unequip or drop anything, let alone equip something.

All this comes with a lot of error messages popping up. So my saves are completely ruined it seems. It's a shame because I wanted to complete the game.

I added a zip file with my save games.

CraigStern

Oh! These are the old .sol files; I gather the game didn't give you the option to convert these? You should see something like this on the title screen when you start up the game:

CraigStern

(After you click it, you should find some converted xml save files in this location.)

These are the files I get after converting your saves:

Senteria

Quote from: CraigStern on November 06, 2015, 02:25:20 PM
(After you click it, you should find some converted xml save files in this location.)

These are the files I get after converting your saves:

That looks better though it gives my main characters maces instead of swords.  :P
There is still equipment missing though and my mentalist somehow got bows equiped.  Even my crossbow woman got bows equiped.

For some reason the save file 0 & 1 are not glitched out. But save file 2 (which is one level further) is. So basically I need the inventory of save files 0 or 1 for save file 2.

CraigStern

Here; I made some edits by hand to correct inventory errors. Hopefully this should work without any more issues!

Senteria

Quote from: CraigStern on November 07, 2015, 01:02:53 PM
Here; I made some edits by hand to correct inventory errors. Hopefully this should work without any more issues!

Thanks so much! Now I can hopefully finish the game. ^_^

Senteria

I got two levels further, but now it's glitched again. Sabrina is now carrying the inventory of my spriggan... Sabrina also had a tome that would allow me to use 3x 100 exp. I used it once but since her inventory is now that of the spriggan, she's completely useless as she can't attack anymore. :/

I'm at the final battle. At least I think so.