News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Total Soldiers?

Started by SmartyPants, March 07, 2010, 12:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Presentiment

How many people are in your roster.

Duh. And Soldiers Dead is how many people are dead, but I assumed you would know that.
;)

CraigStern

True. It will serve an additional purpose later in the game, however: keeping track of how many troops you've managed to drum up for the Resistance. ;)

cyso

It doesn't right now, like Craig said, but near the end of the game, it might have a huge effect.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Presentiment

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 07, 2010, 07:17:09 PM
I recruited 50 from the marid, but does that help me in the game?

The Marid?

Presentiment

No duh.

But he recruited soldiers from the Marid?
No.

Zhampir

When you recruit soldiers from the Marid a count of 50 men is added to your Total Soldiers count. You could, possibly need to reach a certain amount of soldiers to attack the Cult, or maybe you choose to divide your soldiers onto various quests (maybe even battle as them, as the hero is not needed for the battle engine) and you must choose which quests you must do.
As Griffin suggests, you may even need a certain amount of soldiers to recruit, or even be recognized by another party. Perhaps even members of the Cult will join you if you have an overwhelming enough amount of soldiers.
There's a lot of potential for this simple counter, and as Craig seems to be fully intended on making this the best RPG ever conceived, it will likely play a large role in several determining factors.

Presentiment

Since when do you recruit soldiers from the Marid o.O

cyso

If you have high enough personality, you can talk to the chief, and he will give you 50 men.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

Indeed, Presentiment, that's one of the underlying objectives of TSoG: to get enough soldiers to mount a direct assault on the Cult. It has been mentioned elsewhere- I suggest you use the search function to find out more.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Presentiment

Actually I have them, no need to post pure moddiness :)

KZ

Your previous post suggested otherwise, hence the clarification. ;)

What is interesting is whether it would be possible to finish the game with 0 additional soliders- just the core team that is currently assembled in Baz's Manor? Or will there be varying endings depening on the soldier count, or whether there will be a minimum total soldiers number to mount the final frontal assault, whilst the teammates do some other very specific task (e.g. go after Cygnus, or something like that)?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

@ Presentiment; I think posting "moddiness" is the Global Moderator's job lol

@ KZ, that's the very reason why I suggested that the player would perhaps control a few battles in which the team is comprised of the soldiers while the main team goes after something else. Perhaps (and this idea comes from several other games... so is not quite so as original) there is a shield that needs to be lowered so the forces are split to attack the several conduits supporting the shield? Or the shield can only be momentarily lowered so the army has to run off and lower it while the main and his team slip through. The player could then have a few battles regarding getting to the shield's shut off, while the player also plays as the main in battling waves of enemies to get through the gate in time.