News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TsoG General Improvements Thread

Started by Presentiment, March 07, 2010, 12:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

I make my own maps that feature both Dark Spriggats and Shadowling Guardians.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

He preordered. Remember? He can use the map editor as a result.

ArtDrake

Well, I can still use the map editor in my version of the game, because I refuse to update. I like the game as it is before all the stuff about map edit restrictions, and the Warden... anyway, I can see where someone would want to do that; I just thought he meant in-game.

Idozen Cair

Quote from: The Grotesquery on January 08, 2011, 09:07:23 AM
Duvalier's portrait.
It's obvious. He's too pale. I should've said 'portrait improve'. Set's portrait looks to pale, compared to his ....er.... thingy you see on the screen? How do you call it? I mean his look in the game, from the bird's eye view.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Idozen Cair

I doesn't care, do I?

cyso

Set's portrait is a lot darker than his in-game sprite, so maybe Craig can adjust his in-game sprite to better match his portrait. Duvalier's portrait is very pale. I'm sure it has been brought up before, but I guess not in this thread. I do admit that Duvalier is almost disturbingly pale. Are his parents that pale, or is it just him?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

Perhaps there could be a notice on a wall in Ravinale put there by the Cult giving a list of signs of particularly powerful Dark Ones. That list could include "Another sign of a particulary dangerous Dark One is that they can be very pale, despite the sun provided by Yawah."

CraigStern

Quote from: cyso on January 13, 2011, 04:59:42 PMAre his parents that pale, or is it just him?

They're paler. They all emigrated to Ravinale from the north, which is why they stand out. (If you talk to Shabab in the Marid clan campground, he points this out.)

Zackirus

Have Qudssi recruit able later in the game (perhaps after mission 1) because at the start of the game, I can have up to 9 characters to choose from. I would like to see him as a more Niven like characters (in the context of recruitment). Meaning, being able to talk to him before but not able to recruit him until after the first mission.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

I dunno. I kinda like that players are rewarded for exploring the game early rather than plowing straight through the main storyline.

SmartyPants

My only problem about recruiting Qudssi, La'Man, and Naj early is that they are excluded from dialogue during Missions 1-3.  For example: Duvalier, Griffin, Set, Arman, Luca, and Rahel are all in a circle talking about the bandits, while Qudssi is left out.

ArtDrake

Which begs the question: will you be adding their parts in?

CraigStern

Yeah, that's on the Big List of Things I Need to Get Around to Doing.