News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Awaken. The time for your service is at hand.

Started by SmartyPants, March 12, 2010, 04:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on March 11, 2010, 10:41:57 AMRoughly 3 years pass with the hero in a trance. Needing a crack squad of soldiers to perform certain tasks, Tastidian decides that the hero may prove useful, and returns him/her to conscious awareness.
Before being "consciously aware", was the Hero a mindless tool like David in TRPG1?

torugo

i think when you put the bracelit on you were put in a suspended state
mock the pheonix you will burn

Zhampir

cyso

The hero can choose to put the bracelet on when he finds it in the woods. However, Tastidan doesn't take control of the bracelet/hero until after they make the agreement.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on March 13, 2010, 12:39:45 PM
The hero can choose to put the bracelet on when he finds it in the woods. However, Tastidan doesn't take control of the bracelet/hero until after they make the agreement.
That is true, but that doesn't have anything to do with what I asked.

cyso

Either he spent all of his time in a comma, or he was a mindless tool.
If he spent three or four years in a comma, he would probably be too weak to move, so I say he was a mindless tool.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on March 11, 2010, 10:41:57 AMRoughly 3 years pass with the hero in a trance. Needing a crack squad of soldiers to perform certain tasks, Tastidian decides that the hero may prove useful, and returns him/her to conscious awareness.
Before being "consciously aware", was the Hero a mindless tool like David in TRPG1?

This is more of a question for CraigStern, then it is for people to guess at.

Tastidian

Im pretty sure the hero was never a mindless tool but a slave force to battle because of the bracelet.

KZ

Given how David was controlled, and from what Craig set elsewhere, we can be pretty sure that the Main was in the same state as David- a mindless shell. There is certainly no reason for the Main to be in any other state- as the Main was conserved for later use by Tastidian.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

CraigStern

Most of the slaves taken from the Psy Academy had their minds hijacked and repurposed for scanning and obfuscation activities. That is what happened to David, and it's a pretty good bet that that is how the hero spent most of his/her time prior to being awakened. ;)

Presentiment

Oh, and that says something about the Nameless One, eh?

CraigStern

Zackirus

Quote from: CraigStern on March 20, 2010, 03:08:24 PM
Most of the slaves taken from the Psy Academy had their minds hijacked and repurposed for scanning and obfuscation activities. That is what happened to David, and it's a pretty good bet that that is how the hero spent most of his/her time prior to being awakened. ;)

I think he is referring to that word right  there as thats what the Nameless One does!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

I believe though that the Nameless One referred to obfuscation as something quite commonplace, done by all sides, so Shadowling captivity is hardly a requirement for knowing how to use obfuscation.

Thanks for clearing up the matter about the Main and the TRPG2 timeline, Craig!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!