News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: GOD on June 08, 2010, 02:03:48 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on June 06, 2010, 10:35:13 AM
Speed should never be 5, and should rarely be 4.
such a nub
Almost every new profile suggests an enemy with speeds greater that 3.  Almost every time I have to explain how Criag says it is difficult to program AI with speeds greater than 3.  I thought if I bolden and largen the text then people would see it and stop posting unrealistic speeds.

GOD

sorry... just thought you sounded wicked stuck-up
and big bold letters always make me picture somebody screaming

Bromtaghon

If new users kept breaking rules I had explain millions of times, I'd be screaming.

Anyways, what about a Helenite with a scythe that could use Thresh (obviously, powered down?)
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

cyso

Maybe there could be a cult boss that had a similar or same move set as Zem the reaper. After all, isn't the Jinn Ilbis supposed to be the same as a boss in Telepath Psy Arena 2? Maybe General D'Kah could have Zem's attacks. Since he would probably be one of the later bosses, he wouldn't have to be powered down that much.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on June 13, 2010, 01:34:24 PM
Maybe there could be a cult boss that had a similar or same move set as Zem the reaper. After all, isn't the Jinn Ilbis supposed to be the same as a boss in Telepath Psy Arena 2? Maybe General D'Kah could have Zem's attacks. Since he would probably be one of the later bosses, he wouldn't have to be powered down that much.
Zem the Reaper needs to be unique, so TPA2 is unique.  I think Craig said D'Kah will be armed with a poleaxe.

So what was your "New Enemy Ideas"?

Bromtaghon

Since D'Kah isn't in-game yet (as an enemy), that WAS his enemy idea.  But I'd like some kind of warrior with a scythe; but Zem would still be unique because the scythe-warrior wouldn't have Sap.  In fact, he could even have Melee, since it's pretty much the exact same as Thresh, just to keep Zem unique.

MikeW781

I like the idea of a TPA2 easter egg, but im not sure about making D'kah essentailly a copy of Zem the reaper. Maybe Zems kid could be a seperate boss?
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

I still think Zem should be the only Reaper.  There are so many other weapons to choose from like maces, flails, axes, tridents, and est.

Zhampir

Bromtaghon

First of all, I know very well that
Quote from: im2smart4u on June 06, 2010, 10:35:13 AM
Speed should never be 5, and should rarely be 4.

but 'Arman + coffee + sugar' would make an interesting easter egg (speed ~).

cyso

The general wouldn't need to have all of Zem's attacks, but I don't see anything wrong with him having just one of Zem's attacks.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Bromtaghon

I agree with yogc- he doesn't need Sap, Thresh AND Mow, but perhaps Melee and Mow, and possibly some other unique attack?  Is the point of Thresh just to make Zem stand out, seeing as it's exactly the same as Melee?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 19, 2010, 10:53:50 AM
I agree with yogc- he doesn't need Sap, Thresh AND Mow, but perhaps Melee and Mow, and possibly some other unique attack?  Is the point of Thresh just to make Zem stand out, seeing as it's exactly the same as Melee?
Thresh, Mow, and Sap all have scythes in the attack captions.  It would be silly for a non-scyth users to have a scyth on his attack caption.  Even though Thresh and Melee do the exact same thing, they have different names.  Attacks like Mow shouldn't be called Mow, because it will mess-up Zem's uniqueness.

Bromtaghon

So your objection is to other scythe-wielders, and not to the uniqueness of Thresh, Sap and Mow?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 19, 2010, 07:56:34 PM
So your objection is to other scythe-wielders, and not to the uniqueness of Thresh, Sap and Mow?
Yes, but I also think other enemies' attacks shouldn't share the name of Thresh, Sap, and Mow.  A boss can have a physical attack that attacks the three spaces infront of him, but it shouldn't be called Mow.