News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Your ninja suggestion is the same as the Ravinale Assassin, but with melee.  So what is the point?

Cera Bella seems to be culturally and enviromentally like the regions of the Crusades.  Ninjas don't fit very well into that setting.

Anom

I noticed that the enemy wish list wasn't recieving much attention any more. So I decided to post my own enemy as some food for thought.

Proctor
Description: Not all psy fighters possess an elemental affinity. Some just specialize in psy techniques like these proctors. Even though they do not compare to black capes fighting-wise, they can defend themselves. They can be found at the Psy Academy training advanced students in using the Gift. Their special technique, prohibit, disables an enemy's ability to use a skill via wiping their memories of it for an indefinite period of time.

Health: 47
Psy Points: 50
Speed: 2
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1 Damage: 17); Feedback (Range: 2, Healing/Damage: 12); Prohibit (Range: 1, Damage: 0, Cost: 10 Psy points)
Counter-attacks: None
Immunity: None

Duskling

Welcome to the forums Anom! [Insert rest of greeting here] It's only been four days, ideas for enemies come and go, or are turned down by their own makers, it's mostly all about post quality, not post quantity, in the words of KZ.

Dorgon 5000

SmartyPants

I like the Proctor, but maybe the enemy can be part of the Cult, since there are already so many Psy Academy troops.
Quote from: Anom on July 19, 2010, 03:51:17 PMProctor
Health: 47
Speed: 2
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1 Damage: 17); Feedback (Range: 2, Healing/Damage: 12); Prohibit (Range: 1, Damage: 0, Cost: 10 Psy points)

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 17, 2010, 10:45:16 PM
Blurp- A large toad that are found in the bogs and forests of Cera Bella.  It can leap great distances to catch its prey.  Known to cause massive damage, the monster's tongue can be launched at great speeds at a target.
Health: 35
Speed: 2; Leap
Attacks: Tongue Strike (Range: 2, Damage: 8 )
This unit had as much poplularity as the Wraith, so why wasn't it Formulated?

MikeW781

^^ Would programming Ai to use leap be tricky? ^^

Also, to revive this thread, I would like to suggest a new unit:
Spriggat Rusher:
Meant for rushing the enemy and surrounding them, these Spriggats are quicker than most, but not as strong. They were developed to help route out the loyalists after the Shadow Wars, and are still around as a part of the Shadowling empire's military.
Health: 30
Attacks: Mind Blast, Fire Breath 1
Speed: 6
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on February 28, 2010, 09:49:25 PM
After being recruited by the Assassin's Cult, the Spriggat Assassins are trained to move faster then they ever could.  This new boost in speed will allow them to sneak behind enemy lines and simultaneously hit two targets from behind.

Frost Assassin:
Health: 48
Speed: 4
Attacks: Frost Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 10)
Resistance: Cold

Red Assassin:
Health: 42
Speed: 4
Attacks: Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 8 )
Resistance: Heat
People didn't like the fast moving Spriggats in the past.

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 06, 2010, 10:35:13 AMSpeed should never be 5, and should rarely be 4.
If it shouldn't be 5, then it definitely shouldn't be 6

Zackirus

These units expands on the Mechanic section and gives the mechanics their own healer.

Mechanic Medic
Just because you aren't a Psy doesn't mean you can't heal people. These medics use herbs, bandages, and other sources to wipe away wounds and heal their teamates. The have short swords if they need to defend themselves.
Health: 30
Speed: 3
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 12), Patch Up (Range: 1, Heals: 16)
Counter-attacks: None
Immunity: None

Thoughts, Ideas, Opinions?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

I think we should wait for the Bandit Healer mentioned in the Twitter to premiere.  Then you can model the Mechanic Medic after the Bandit's healer.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 15, 2010, 10:58:03 AM
I think we should wait for the Bandit Healer mentioned in the Twitter to premiere.  Then you can model the Mechanic Medic after the Bandit's healer.

Why would we need to model the Mechanic Healer after the Bandit Healer? The stats of the Mechanic Medic who have to be in the range of the Mechanics while the bandit healer in the stats of bandits.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Instead of "Patch Up", we should wait to see the healing attack the bandit uses.

Steelfist

I agree, Im2smart4U (I've never said that before). Nonetheless, it's a good idea.

Zackirus

With that said then, is everyone in agreeance that we should have a Mechanic Medic?

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Quote from: Zackirus on August 16, 2010, 05:35:32 PM
With that said then, is everyone in agreeance that we should have a Mechanic Medic?
I like that idea. It reflects that they're not completely, or not at all, Psys, rather more like combat/infantry people. So I like it.

Cypher

I like it too. I want to see more than just one type of Medic/Healer.