News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Presentiment

Which is what I've been saying too...

for the whole time.

Is this proof enough you don't read carefully?
or not at all?

Zhampir

Quote from: KZ on March 15, 2010, 04:56:20 PM
Ok, a completely new enemy here, arising from the Juxtapose thread. Why not have a boss, which is an exceptionally powerful spirit which can combine soul suck and juxtapose into one, such that it will be able to inhabit a body of a teammate when the said teammate is within few points of death (say, below 5)? This will force the player to kill a teammate in a worst-case scenario. The AI for the teammate inhabited body would be to simply use most basic attacks, or search for area attacks. The player will lose if the boss inhabits the Hero, naturally. Thoughts?

Quote from: yogc on March 15, 2010, 04:57:32 PM
I think there is already a ghost boss proposed, maybe it could have that attack.

Wow, it took some digging to find this one, and I thought I should bring it up again before it's forgotten, again.

original:

Quote from: torugo on February 22, 2010, 07:34:18 PM
first i recommend a boss like this because the other crypts went by to fast and we at least need some kind of good fight in the end
second this is not my game so i cant add that stuff in that is for the original creator to do im just trying to come up with ideas

I came up with a well-liked named, the Zeitgeist, meaning the spirit of the time/age or one "pardon moi francious mais" bad-ass spirit.

So, it's torugo's design for a spirit boss, with the the added attack of a juxtapose/soul-suck combination (needs a name, and I'm pulling a blank other than simply Transference, but it's not catchy enough, and I have further reasoning why it shouldn't be other names here) proposed by KZ, named by me. oh, and the design might reflect a ghostly tastidan (Tastidan with blue/white coloring)

the stats suggested by (Frosty are (includes KZ's attack, which was suggested by me when I read KZ's explanation of Juxtapose)):
That's a start, but now we need stats. I think it should be close to this:
Zeitgest
Health: 75
Speed: 4
Attacks:
  Mind Blast
Cryo Blast
Cryo Cross
Transference  
Damage:

5 [kills previous body's owner and transfers the boss's spirit (including psy hp and psy psp) along with this attack into the new target]
Resistance: Cold
Immunity: Physical
Counter: Mind Blast

Zackirus

I like everything but the the figure, I don't like having it a Tastidan, instead why don't you makeit like a great ghoster but have the cape drop overthe arms and maybe take out the rips in the cape.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on March 15, 2010, 11:54:26 PM
Well, for that matter, could a spear go through two people without some help? No. An arrow could go through people with some help from a psy.
The spearman will be a psy so that is why Piercing Throw will work.  The mechanics don't have psys, so the arrow will not be aided by telekinesis, therefore it will be unable to go through a person and hit a second person.

KZ

Should we have a vote count on who wants to see a piercing shot, and who wants to see just the standard crossbow?  I think yes, so here is the topic where I suggest we settle this in a statistical way- by way of majority and good logic to back up your arguments, folks!

Meanwhile, let's see what othere enemies we have here?
Going back to the Greatest Ghost idea (I really don't like the zeitgest name, it also doesn't fit in at all with enemy names of TRPG), I think that the ghost, after using his 4th attack, should retain his Psy attacks- after all, it's well aware of how to use them, and it's Psy in nature (and I'd assume the Gift is connected to the Soul/Spirit, not the body), thereby eliminating a big AI problem of encoding the ghost to wisely select the attacks the host body used to perform.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

torugo

one more enemy for the bug class
shadow moth
health 30
speed 2
atack: poisen miasma
mock the pheonix you will burn

KZ

I don't think that's necessary: the bug set, if the Void Bug gets included, will be pretty much complete. Besides, this moth does exactly the same job as the Shadow Bug, so why add it?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

supposedly this moth is flying?

KZ

Yes, but I just don't see a flying Shadow Bug: they're too big and not really Psy cretaures (or, at least, very weakly Psy).

Going back to the Greatest Ghost idea, just to add in some stats: let's use the same ones from the Greater Ghost, but increase hp to, say, 90 and add in "Inhabit" (or whatever other name comes to mind, for the Ghost to remove someone's soul from the body and insert itself into it). Resistance, Immunity, Speed: all same as for the Greater Ghost. This way, the amount of changes to the AI will get reduced.

Any more ideas that spring to mind, folks?
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 16, 2010, 06:26:38 PMGoing back to the Greatest Ghost idea (I really don't like the zeitgest name, it also doesn't fit in at all with enemy names of TRPG)
Greatest Ghost is kinda corny.  Why not just call it "Phantom", "Wraith", or "Poltergeist"?  My favorite is "Wraith".

Quote from: KZ on March 17, 2010, 03:49:04 PM
Yes, but I just don't see a flying Shadow Bug: they're too big and not really Psy cretaures (or, at least, very weakly Psy).
I completly agree with that.  Plus shadow moth's attack doesn't even have damage or range.

KZ

I'll go along with "Wraith" as well, after all, it's a boss type enemy. And yes, the Greatest Ghost does sound a bit corny.

I've looked up the stats for the Greater Ghost, and amended the slightly to get the following:

"Wraith"
Health: 90
Speed: 3
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 16), Cryo Blast (Range: 2, Damage: 19), Cryo Cross (Range: 1-2 Omnidirectional (Diamond shape), Damage: 13), Inhabit (Range: 1; Damage: none*)
Immunity: Physical
Resistance: Cold
*Inhabit can only work if the target's hp is equal to, or less than 5, works by the Wraith taking the host body, extracting the host soul, then restoring the new body to full hp.
Keeps the same attacks as before, since the attacks known are not bound to the body, but to the experience of the spirit/soul which inhabits it. Given that the Wraith used to be human, all the Psy attacks do not rely in some way or other on the owners body, so can be used with a body of any species (e.g. Spriggats are limited to their bodies for their elemental attacks, the Shadowport is also limited to Shadowlings body, etc).
Any thoughts on this?

Also, which other enemy set do you feel is not complete and needs additions?
What do you think of the Helenite unit set? Any suggestions? (There are a few golem ideas that were proposed for the Helenites, including using Dorgon-type golems, rather than Energy Golems, 'cause Helena had access to Dorgon.)
Welcome to the forums!

Zhampir

hmm how about a spike sphere? Extremely low health, high mobility and high damage. One attack, stab, produces a spike that stabs the enemy in front. I'm just trying to think of a radical design to go with the mechanical characteristics of the golems.

KZ

To be honest, I think the golem theme has been very thoroughly canvassed and we might as well move on and look for fresh ideas elsewhere.
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Blurp- A large toad that are found in the bogs and forests of Cera Bella.  It can leap great distances to catch its prey.  Known to cause massive damage, the monster's tongue can be launched at great speeds at a target.
Health: 35
Speed: 2; Leap
Attacks: Tongue Strike (Range: 2, Damage: 8 )

Presentiment

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 17, 2010, 10:45:16 PM
Blurp- A large toad that are found in the bogs and forests of Cera Bella.  It can leap great distances to catch its prey.  Known to cause massive damage, the monster's tongue can be launched at great speeds at a target.
Health: 35
Speed: 2; Leap
Attacks: Tongue Strike (Range: 2, Damage: 8)

You have to be careful about the parenthesis.  8)

More damage please?