News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torugo

here are the first three members of a mercenary group im thinking of.

zalam:a powerful female cryokinetic fighter who lost everything in the ravinale tournament.2 years later she forms a mercenary group with 6 other strange beings that are nearly as powerful as her
health:110
speed:4
attacks:cryo blast, cryo shield, and iceberg (this move is like the solid state shield)
counter:none

morcus:another mercenary who loves to absorbs life
health:95
speed:5
attacks:melee, feedback, feedback 2 (absorbs life from 2 people at his sides) absorb (can also absorb life from objects
counter none

seta:a really weird mercenary girl who can steal attacks from people and copy there appearence
health:110
speed:4
attacks:mellee, copy (steals the appearence of a enemy and inhabits there attaacks strengths and weaknesses lasts for 2 turns then automaticly changes back)
counter:none
i"ll post the others if its ok for these 3
mock the pheonix you will burn

cyso

I dropped the screech attack from the banshee since I didn't think a highly mobile unit needed a ranged attack. I also lowered the speed to 4 since 5 was more than that of an assassin, and I lowered the health to 18 since 50 was higher than a normal ghost.
Torugo, this is the new enemy ideas thread, not new characters. They don't need names. You can just call them mercenaries or cyro mercenary. I personally don't too much like the new attacks that the mercenaries use. Why not use existing attacks?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

torugo

these are not mercenaries like the mechanics this is a new mercenary group that only has seven people involved total so they wont get common names like cryo mercenary. and 2nd its ok for enemy customization but not attack customization. there is nothing wrong with new moves every once in a while
i seem to recall zem the reaper in psy arena 2 having his own new attacks

cyso

Zem was a boss. Personally, I would prefer if you introduced the new moves in the new attack ideas thread first. I don't like some of the attacks your characters use, which is why I don't care much for your characters. I also think that your characters need more background. Maybe you could start a new thread explaining how you meet them or something like that.

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on April 23, 2010, 10:38:47 PM
these are not mercenarys like the mechanics this is a new mercenary group that only has seven people involved total so they wont get common names like cryo mercenary. and 2nd its ok for enemy customization but not attack customization. there is nothing wrong with new moves every once in a while
i seem to recall zem the reaper in psy arena 2 having his own new attacks
This isn't a Psy Arena, so Zem the Reaper or your goofy mercenaries don't fit in.  I can't think of a reasonable place to put these characters in and if I could, then I doubt it would be worth the time to put them in the game.

Speed should never be over 3, unless the character is an assassin.

torugo

i admit zalam and seta speed was a little high. but morcus gets that speed because he is a short, fast, high tempered, soul absorbing maniac.

and i had a feeling the response would be something like that so i didnt bother putting them all in. As i can now see this new group has failed and there will be no more dicussion on them. just go on with anything else that pops into your head

cyso

Since im2smart4u didn't like the idea about calling a ghost an assassin, I changed the name to the banshee. It has a speed of 4 since it will function in battle as an assassin. It is slightly weaker than a ghost but is stronger than a lesser ghost.
Banshee
Health: 18
Speed: 4
Attack: Mind Blast: Damage: 7

Steelfist

What about this-

Fighter

Health- 42
Speed-5
Attack- Punch-damage 10.

Fast, with a lot of health, but a weak attack.

Bromtaghon

I have an idea for a Psy Chameleon that gets resistance to the last element that attacks it.  Would that be hard to code?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Steelfist on May 16, 2010, 07:05:08 PM
What about this-

Fighter

Health- 42
Speed-5
Attack- Punch-damage 10.

Fast, with a lot of health, but a weak attack.

Speed should never be 5, and should rarely be 4.

Zhampir

Teleporting Psychopathic Telepath
Health 10 (he uses his mind, not his body so he's pretty physically weak)
Speed 100 (he teleports duh)
Attack: Mindflay 20+Main's Level

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on June 07, 2010, 09:49:55 AM
If Shadowport has a limmited range, then shouldn't Teleporting also have a limited range?

Bromtaghon

Quote from: Zhampir on June 07, 2010, 09:49:55 AM

The map is 11x8, isn't it? So at most you need 87 speed if you had a horrible AI that wanted to step on every square of the board to get to the target.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Zhampir

lol, I just wanted to see this again:
Quote from: im2smart4u on June 06, 2010, 10:35:13 AM
or some variant.
Anyways, I just made up a number...
He'd basically be a kamikaze... low health, charging at the enemy hitting them where it hurts with disregard to their own safety.

GOD

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 06, 2010, 10:35:13 AM
such a nub