News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

iPod/iPhone TRPGs

Started by Tastidian, March 27, 2010, 02:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastidian

I think a good idea for apple and Craig is to create a app for the iPod. Apple will get millions on this small investment and Craig extremely high publicity and probably money. 

Presentiment

No he won't.

It is also a different platform. He'd have to learn it, and then make the game, then market it.

If he had more devs I'd be up for it though.

Zackirus

You know you could always go on the internet and play in on your iPhone
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Presentiment

^If it has Shockwave and nets. But it probably does.

Tastidian

Well it was just a suggestion but to me it seemed like a good idea.

KZ

It's not an unreasonable suggestion to make, but under the current state of affairs, that is quite undoable w.r.t. time and effort spent versus gain.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Tastidian

True its like a 10 year old boy who is incredibly smart in politics and wants to be the president. Wait a sec thats just the odds.

Presentiment

No, even if there was a ten year old pundit he would never get elected because Presidents must be at least 35 years old.

Zackirus

Getting back to the topic,

wouldn't carig need a good deal or money and/or power to get apple to actually make a app for him. I also assume it wouldn't make much because little of the profits would go back to Craig.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

Apple wouldn't need to make the app for me--in theory, I could probably get Flash CS5, recode the game, and then simply export it myself. (It's that "recode the game" part that concerns me. :( )

Zackirus

Quote from: CraigStern on March 27, 2010, 09:18:15 PM
Apple wouldn't need to make the app for me--in theory, I could probably get Flash CS5, recode the game, and then simply export it myself. (It's that "recode the game" part that concerns me. :( )

Its a project you can do after you finish TSoG and maybe TCh4

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

Maybe--we'll see! I'm not convinced that the iPhone is a particularly good platform for RPGs like TSoG, honestly. People on the iPhone like games they can play for short periods while they're bored, then set down, then pick up again without having to remember where they were. I would imagine that a pick-up-and-play arena game like TPA2 would probably translate better to that platform.

Tastidian

There is an idea but I think the Psy Arena would be better. Yes it would take power and money. Well will see how it goes then I wounder why I brought this topic up out of nowhere.

Presentiment don't you think its obvious I would know that those are the law.