News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

Hmm. I was thinking about that, and I realized that that would mean that the container object would have to have all enemies as children, and the container object was a child of the object holding it and the plane.

One of the two container objects (either the one holding the plane and the other container, or the one holding the enemies and suchlike) would have to deal with the game mechanics. If it were the former, then it would have to reference the children of its child constantly, which seems a bit sloppy; if it were the latter, it would have to dispatch events to tell its parent to give it information on the plane's position constantly, which seems even more awkward.

I think that I'm going to leave it as is, where everything is a child of one object container. The fields probably aren't going to be big enough that the small movement of the plane across the screen will matter. I think that bug has gone away, anyway.

Sorry to have, quite unintentionally, wasted your time.

Deagonx

To Craig: Did you make any sort of games before TRPG1?
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

CraigStern

Yes: card games, board games, a pen 'n paper RPG, and a couple of dead simple adventure games in Hypercard.

ArtDrake

Will / Could Fizooz ever remember Luca?

Are the desert tribes nomadic? (I apologize in advance if this has been stated in-game, but I wanted to make sure)

Deagonx

Are you looking forward to the release of Elder Scrolls: Skyrim?

CraigStern

I'll punt on the Fizooz/Luca question--that's something you'll just have to find out about when you play the game.

I'll be honest: I'm actually not all that excited about Skyrim. Bethesda does a good job putting together cool worlds that are fun to explore, but they always have such bland and uninteresting characters that the whole experience generally ends up feeling sort of empty for me. There's a reason the Elder Scrolls games always end up getting mods to fill these gaps. (My favorite: Morrowind's LGNPC project.)

That said, this made me laugh quite a bit:

CraigStern

Deagonx

Thank you for answering my question. One more, if you will.

Does a set of all sets contain itself?

bugfartboy

What software do you use to make your music?

Deagonx

Didnt tomfoolio make the music for the 2nd game? (TRPG2)

Ertxiem

And who do you think tomfoolio is? ;)
Hint.

Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Deagonx

Do you have plans for a 'Secret Cow Level' of sorts for the players?

ArtDrake

Quote from: CraigStern on February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM
Ask me anything (within reason), and I will answer!

Are most questions about political issues within reason?