News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

If I don't answer a question, it's safe for you to assume that I don't want to. ;)

KZ

Do you have a good idea of what you would like to try your hand on in terms of game projects after you finish TSoG?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

CraigStern

Oh, sure. I have plenty of ideas. I'll probably pick one that will be relatively quick to develop, release it as a free browser game, then move on to another premium game.

Zhampir

Aye, give the chaps something light to whet their whistles. A good plan sirrah!
(btw, I feel like talking piraty. Making a pirate mod for oblivion does that to me...)

Quote from: CraigStern on July 06, 2010, 03:09:25 PM
If I don't answer a question, it's safe for you to assume that I don't want to. ;)

Be this why you did nae answer meh quandary about average-team-level variable?

CraigStern

Well, uh, considering that team members don't have levels, I wasn't really sure what you were getting at. :-\

Duskling

What do you think of the idea of making the next TRPG chapter based on NoHR?

Xemadus Echina

you should base the next chapter of TRPG on the RP's that we have in the forums :) hell quest could take place in the deeper downs and nation of hubras as well as the other TRPG based stories could just take place in the same location that they are based in.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Zhampir

lol, ah I see. Well I thought their "levels" could be based like the hero's (every 3trainings they gain a level (no random stat boost though))

algebra15

I'm faced with (yet) another dilemma in making my game. I don't know how to tell the computer  to get rid of a unit in a wave thorugh the Level handler. (the class that deals with the level and such) I tried saying

public function checkMonsterHits(t:TimerEvent):void {
for each (var mWave:MonsterWave in waveArray){
     for each (var mon:Monster in mWave.monsterWaveArray){
          if (mon.hitTestObject(yourTent)){
mWave.getRidOfMonster(mon);
          }
     }
}
}

but that didn't work so well, because I got an error message saying "ArgumentError: Error #025: The supplied DisplayObject must be a child of  the caller. I'm working with the monsters through array only, as their variables were lost. in construction. I tried triggering a function that is within the Wave class, but it gave me the same message. How would you deal with this?
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

Zackirus

Are their land masses beyond Cera Bella?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

MikeW781

Quote from: Duskling on July 21, 2010, 10:42:29 PM
Are you religious?
Craig has been asked this question before. I do believe he said answering it would reveal parts of the TsoG storyline
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Dangnabit Mike! I was asking the question with the very same goal in mind and in hopes that he would forget! Gosh! >:( :D

Dorgon 5000

CraigStern

Quote from: Zackirus on July 08, 2010, 03:27:04 PM
Are their land masses beyond Cera Bella?

Yes. :)

Quote from: Duskling on July 21, 2010, 10:42:29 PM
Are you religious?

Read this.

@algebra15: Is the monster array a public variable? You might try broadening its scope by defining it as a public variable right after you declare the class. That's just a guess, though, since I don't know how you've got your game set up.