News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 28, 2010, 10:17:31 AM
Do you know if you will put the PA2 browser demo back up?

I am going to leave the TPA2 demos as-is.

KZ

When do you think you'll be needing beta-testers? And how many missions are you now thinking of having in TSoG (since you mentioned that you've already planned out the whole game)? 'Cause last time you mentioned it was around 14 missions, but that was about 2 years ago.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

bugfartboy

What does it mean when the Who's Online area of the forums says "Nothing, or nothing you can see..." under actions of a Guest?
User   Time    Action
bugfartboy   00:26:41   Viewing the board index of The Sinister Design Forums.
Guest   00:25:28   Nothing, or nothing you can see...
Pages: [1]

Ertxiem

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 31, 2010, 12:28:36 AM
What does it mean when the Who's Online area of the forums says "Nothing, or nothing you can see..." under actions of a Guest?
User   Time    Action
bugfartboy   00:26:41   Viewing the board index of The Sinister Design Forums.
Guest   00:25:28   Nothing, or nothing you can see...
Pages: [1]

You may search for an answer in the SMF site, since they did the software that runs these forums.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Xemadus Echina

have you checked out the site i made yet?
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

CraigStern

Not yet! I've been busy. Sorry! :'(

Ertxiem

We were discussing an incarceration (trapping or freezing an enemy inside a shield) and we though it may bring problems to the game engine. Can you shed some light on the subject?

And while we're at it, we would like to know if the new AI is flexible enough that it will work satisfactory on an enemy after he suffers a reduction of speed? Like after a dark breath attack.

The purpose of these two questions is to know if it's worth suggesting similar attacks for TSoG or if we should store this ideas for a future game.

I have a final question, but perhaps you will not answer: is the new AI coded using recursion?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 01, 2010, 06:17:04 PMwe would like to know if the new AI is flexible enough that it will work satisfactory on an enemy after he suffers a reduction of speed? Like after a dark breath attack.

In a word: yes.

KZ

Then leading up from where Ertxiem left off- in light of the above, would you no longer mind us proposing/will seriously consider any ideas that might affect enemy speed on the battlefield?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

CraigStern

Anything is possible, but right now I'm focusing on creating content (i.e. quests and new areas).

Zackirus

Well, if you run out of ideas for side-quests, their is still the option of using The Rainvile Mafia or The Strange Traveller.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Xemadus Echina

or both even.  Also I was wondering.  Instead of just beating the game and then having it end can you add some post end game content?  I kind of liked the epilogue in TRPG2 but i was left with an empty feeling inside because i put so much effort into the game and then just BAM boss battle and it's over.  So perhaps add some missions after the fact where we can deal with the bonuses and or repercussions of our choices.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

What do you think of the new idea for the purpose of the VIP Lounge?

bugfartboy

What do you think of Affinity Related Stats? (the link to which is currently located in my signature)

Cypher

Is it possible to add Air Blast without making any changes to the battle system in it's current state?(The recharge time might cause some problems, I would think)
Quote from: Cypher on September 04, 2010, 06:27:48 AM
Air Blast
As it turns out, our Spriggat teammate (what's his name again?) learned that after long, laborious days training his wing muscles, he could flap his wings much stronger than before, making a very powerful gust of wind. Combined with his telekinetic powers, he was strong enough to knock people off their feet.
Range: 1 space in front
Cost: 5
Damage: Strength + air blast level - 12
Effect: Stuns enemy for 1 turn (The enemy falls down, and is dizzy. It takes them 1 turn to get back up.)
Recharge time: 2 turns
Prerequisites: Strength: 15, Psy Power: 10

Thoughts, guys?