News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

What are the chances of a forum member's 90% everything discount? :P

Don't regard the above question. What web browser do you like best?

ArtDrake

Will the spammer calling itself Presentiment II be banned?

CraigStern

HeadShot

And I Reported one of Presentiment II's post.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

ArtDrake

Are some kinds of negative emotions healthier than others for shadowlings?

Despite all appearances, this is a serious question.

cyso

I noticed a post a bit back saying that Arman will die if you don't pay off Al'al. If you join the Black Rose, does the Black Rose still kill him, or does it let him live?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

CraigStern

The former, though doing so will have other consequences that I'm not ready to reveal here. :)

Quote from: Duckling on January 10, 2011, 01:35:51 PM
Are some kinds of negative emotions healthier than others for shadowlings?

I don't have an answer for that one at the moment. I can say that shadowlings derive more sustenance from some emotions than others, however. As a general rule, the more intense the negative emotion, the more nourishing it is for a shadowling. That is, ultimately, what makes shadowlings so dangerous to humans: they get some sustenance out of mocking and being rude to people, sure, but not nearly as much as they get out of kidnapping them, torturing them, or killing them.

ArtDrake

Is there a better way to keep an MC on the top of a Flash game than adding object containers as children, and then adding the MC, and only generating MovieClips within the Containers, or is that the best way?

All the other methods concerning fiddling with index levels and such, I've found to be insatisfactory.

CraigStern

Quote from: Duckling on January 10, 2011, 10:04:50 PM
Is there a better way to keep an MC on the top of a Flash game than adding object containers as children, and then adding the MC, and only generating MovieClips within the Containers, or is that the best way?

All the other methods concerning fiddling with index levels and such, I've found to be insatisfactory.

If there is a particular MC you want to keep on top, try using addChildAt() with all the subsequent MCs so they get added below it. (If you want to add them all at a particular index level, use an int variable to keep track of it.)

bugfartboy

If Niven can eat pickles (Heh heh. I can't get LethalLaurie's portrayal of it out of my head. :-[ :D) how does the shadowling digestive system work?

ArtDrake

Thank you! That was helpful. Off to conquer the world, now...  :-*

TheWanderingShadow

What do bronze golems look like? We've had pictures of the other two golem types, but not a bronze golem.
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

ArtDrake

TRPG2, and in the Work Site battle. Or try the wiki.

TheWanderingShadow

I mean, like a frontal character portrait.

TheWanderingShadow

How do you compose your music? Do you use some sort of program? And where can I get the Telepath theme song?