News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

Okay, thanks!

Do you happen to know the particulars on when you can use the button? Because sometimes it's made clear (either with strict "NO" written nearby (like with movies), or with a creative commons license in the other direction), but sometimes it's ambiguous whether one can download a copy for personal use. (I'm fairly sure that distribution rights are almost never granted to Joe Schmo internet user)

Duskling

CraigStern

Falstaff's picture is based on that photo, yes.

Zhampir

How did you manage to add content to the game but lower file size? (download for previous version was 91.1mb this one is 91.0mb)

CraigStern

Yeah, I noticed the lower file size as well. My best guess is "magic."

Either that, or I inadvertently deleted something. I don't remember deleting anything. Oh well. I'm sure I'll be getting a bug report about it pretty soon if I did. :P

Zhampir

Quote from: CraigStern on December 16, 2011, 02:25:20 PM
Yeah, I noticed the lower file size as well. My best guess is "magic."

Either that, or I inadvertently deleted something. I don't remember deleting anything. Oh well. I'm sure I'll be getting a bug report about it pretty soon if I did. :P
You're awesome, you know?  ;D

CraigStern

bugfartboy

How long do you expect flash to stay popular for?

CraigStern

Popular for what? Making games? Displaying web content?

I expect it'll remain popular for making games for quite some time, but it's already starting to decline as the preferred medium for web content due to HTML5 and Apple's failure to support Flash in-browser on the iPhone. From what I've seen, Adobe is already starting to transition into HTML5 tools for its web developers.

bugfartboy

I was thinking just popular in any way shape or form. But you anwered my poorly posed question. :)

CraigStern

Er, maybe? I haven't really been keeping track, honestly--I just threw in as many open slots as possible to give myself room to add new attacks.

SmartyPants

I am getting my ass kicked by Hellion.  Is it possible to give Malis shadow resistance like other shadowlings?

CraigStern

Not currently, but I'm adding it along with the ability to teach her Feedback.