News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

I would guess that it is because the mental sensory aspect of Psy exists separately from the optic nerve, and so even when blinded, the accuracy of Psy-guided skills that lock onto minds doesn't diminish.

But you'll probably want to hear something from Craig as well.

CraigStern

Mental attacks are mind-to-mind: there is no way to physically Dodge them.

About the blinding bit, specifically: psy works independently of sight. (There are about a million examples of this I could cite from TSoG, but I'm sure you can think of them pretty easily yourself.)

ArtDrake

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it a coincidence that Malignus and Cygnus rhyme?

CraigStern

TheWanderingShadow

How long did it take for you to make TRPG 2?
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

CraigStern

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on October 03, 2012, 06:49:44 PM
Quote from: SmartyPants on October 03, 2012, 11:48:01 AMWhy do mental skills always hit, even if the attacker is blinded?
About the blinding bit, specifically: psy works independently of sight. (There are about a million examples of this I could cite from TSoG, but I'm sure you can think of them pretty easily yourself.)
Are you saying that psy abilities is a type of sixth sense, and if one become blinded then one doesn't lose their sixth sense like how a blind person doesn't lose his/her hearing?

Are there any major updates for TT?  I checked twitter, but the only thing I seem to find is your opinion on Romney.

CraigStern

In effect, yes. Mental attacks, specifically, target the mind (which is invisible in any event). As long as a telepath can sense the target's mind, they can target it.

About Twitter: I've been at Indiecade since Wednesday, and so haven't been tweeting as regularly as I usually do. Rest assured that I've been working on TT, however! I'll cover my progress once I get back home.

SmartyPants

Will orbs be a droppable item on the Dundar Archipelago or are all the orbs still in Cera Bella?

CraigStern

Orbs do not appear in Telepath Tactics. (Which isn't to say that you couldn't easily mod them in.)

SmartyPants

I was looking over the Match Options for TT, and I was wondering if you plan on letting people toggle with Friendly Fire like in previous games.

CraigStern

Nope: in this game, friendly fire is always on. It adds strategy and discourages AOE spamming. ;)

Worth noting: part of the reason I left friendly fire off by default in the previous games is that the maps were relatively small, and the player had much less flexibility in terms of moving units around. Forcing friendly fire under those circumstances would have meant drastically increasing the games' difficulty.

In Telepath Tactics, however, the maps tend to be much larger, and it's way way easier to maneuver your units around. (Notably, you can move one unit a few steps, go move some other units, then come back and move the first unit some more.) So there's a lot of flexibility there. Friendly fire is something you can work around pretty effectively now, so it's staying in as a constant factor in battles.

Sythion

A random thought just popped into my head, were shadowlings inspired by the Pokemon ghastly?
Hunger is the best spice.

CraigStern

No: I'd never even seen "gastly" before until a friend pointed it out to me this past year.

Actually, I created the shadowlings to look like a villain I dreamed up a long, long time ago when I ran Dungeons and Dragons sessions with my childhood best friend. However, because I was new to Flash when I designed them, I simplified the shape of their heads to large black balls. The other elements of their appearance (the smoke, the eyes, the floating hands) all predate my exposure to Pokemon.