News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Neat!
Are you not ruling out adding more attacks to the teammates that are already in-game?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

CraigStern

As far as I'm concerned, no character's attack line-up is necessarily complete yet.

Zhampir

Is there a certain hours of game-play that you are trying to reach? For many RPGs they try to extend game time for as long as possible usually around 40hours if everything is thoroughly completed, 20 if you rush.

CraigStern

I am not aiming for any particular amount of play time. I am aiming for quality. So I won't be padding it with tons of filler battles just to make it take longer to beat. There will still be plenty of side quests, though. :)

Steel Ersatz Man

We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

CraigStern

A topic that isn't moved down the page as other topics get posted in--it remains "stuck" at the top of the page.

Tastidian

Craig why is it when i saved a more current game on a old one and go out of the site then go back on I lose the saved settings?

CraigStern

Is this in TSoG? Make sure you're clicking twice to overwrite the saved game file.

Tastidian

I did it still doesn't work it just loads the old saved game.

Wow I feel like and idiot or worst a fool. For those who think i'm talking about the saving of the game you sir or madame
are wrong.

Ertxiem

Quote from: Tastidian on March 30, 2010, 02:45:53 PM
Craig why is it when i saved a more current game on a old one and go out of the site then go back on I lose the saved settings?

It might be related to the size flash is allowed to use. It might not be enough to accommodate for the new save. Try the following: Right click the game and go to Settings. In there, raise the allowed local storage (I allow 10MB in my computer, but try a higher value if that don't work).

Craig or KZ: Perhaps move this discussion to somewhere else?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Tastidian

Oh yah I completely forgot about that. Thanks a million Ertxiem that really helped me. You know i'm used to games that automatically ask for the space.

Craig do you play your own game just for fun or to relax even old ones that are not so popular?

CraigStern

Quote from: Tastidian on April 02, 2010, 12:27:19 AMCraig do you play your own game just for fun or to relax even old ones that are not so popular?

I have to have a pretty long cooling off period after finishing a game before I can go back and play it for fun. I've programmed every last nook and cranny of the thing, so giving myself room to forget stuff is the only way the experience can be fresh for me.

So far, the only one I've really done that with has been TRPG2--and it was actually quite a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the day, most likely years from now, when I can do that with TSoG and be suitably impressed with myself. ;)

Ertxiem

What do you think about free software projects, operative systems like Linux or games like the battle for Wesnoth?
Ert, the Dead Cow.

CraigStern

I've heard great things about the Battle for Wesnoth, but I have yet to play it. (I should make a mental note to review that game for IndieRPGs.com.)

About open source software in general: I absolutely love it. I use Audacity and OpenOffice.org quite frequently. :)

About open source games in particular: I think they're a great idea, but I personally have no interest in pursuing that sort of development. I never liked group projects back in school, and I have too strong of a vision for what I want in the games I develop to want to cede that much control over it.

Ertxiem

Why didn't you choose a degree in an area related with programming?
Ert, the Dead Cow.