News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

I haven't thought about that for some time--to be honest, I'm much too focused on fixing the game that people paid for to think about making and releasing something for free right now.

bugfartboy

Is there any way you can think of that would allow a character to jump onto a tile that they wouldn't normally be able to walk on, such as a tile with passability="flying", without that character being of movetype="flying"?  I've been puzzling over it and haven't come to any solutions.

ArtDrake

Is it okay to make a speculation thread or two in ???, or would you prefer to keep that pristine and have any discussions take place in Gen.?

Also, I take it the pretty-recognizable coastline of northern Russia in picture 04 isn't intentional. ^^ I only took the time to match up landmarks because I'm scrabbling for any details I can glean from these pictures that can give me a clue about the setting, but either that one slipped through, or I have some more coastline matching to do, assuming these new pictures are in the same 'verse -- the design of the red-and-gold figure's mask suggests as such.

CraigStern

You're absolutely free to speculate in there--just don't expect me to tell you if you're right. ;)

ArtDrake

Cool! I'd recommend pinning the ??? thread, since that's the centerpiece of the board. I get the feeling you weren't anticipating any other threads in there.

And of course not -- that would ruin all the fun.  ;)

ArtDrake

Are the image credits being withheld until more details about the project are released? I can imagine if there's a genuine desire for secrecy, you want to give people as few leads as you can.

Or is no credit necessary because you did them yourself? :O

CraigStern

Ha! I most certainly did not do them myself. I'll be supplying image credits later on once I am ready to divulge more details about the project. :)

ArtDrake

Do you have a running list of the various social issues and, by extension, themes you'd like to tackle in your games that you draw from as you create settings and arcs?

Or does the -- I hesitate to call it an... agenda? -- find its way into your stories even more organically than that?

CraigStern

Each game has themes that I want to deal with; I don't have any kind of set agenda as such. :)

bugfartboy

Are all instances of the TT game engine named "TTwm.swf", or does it vary between operating systems?  If it does vary, what are the others named?

I ask because I'm trying to find a good way to automatically locate the Telepath Tactics installation directory and, while I could technically locate "Telepath Tactics Manual.pdf" and shift directories based on that, I'd rather find the root itself first.

CraigStern

The Windows and Mac builds are called TTwm. :)

bugfartboy

That's strange, then.  I'm looking in my (Steam) installation directory and see:

• Adobe AIR (Directory)
  • AIR Icons (Directory)
  • Data (Directory)
  • Manual (Directory)
  • META-INF (Directory)
  • mimetype (File)
  • Telepath Tactics.exe (File)
  • TTwm.swf (File)

How difficult would it be to remove a Val, Str, or Arr from their respective tables?

CraigStern

Er, sorry--that was in reference to the swf, not the exe.

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 23, 2015, 02:28:35 PM

How difficult would it be to remove a Val, Str, or Arr from their respective tables?

You mean, how hard would it be for me to implement a new script action accomplishing each of these? Not very. It's a matter of whether that's necessary.

azdre

Hello,I bought telepath rpg:servants of god's cd-key for desura,I used it but I can't acces the full version.I tried everything but I can't play the full version nor getting that confirmation email which may be the reason of this failure (yesterday I made that account on desura).I know the cd-key is fine,Desura even shows me that i'm playing the full version.

CraigStern