The Sinister Design Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119]

Author Topic: Ask the developer a question!  (Read 335091 times)

bugfartboy

• White Cape
    • View Profile
Re: Ask the developer a question!
« Reply #1770 on: October 31, 2019, 04:18:18 PM »

The Chicago Cultural Center was an interesting visit, especially the digital flowers exhibit they had set up. Thanks for the recommendation! It's a shame the offices of Sinister Design don't offer public tours, though.

-- two new operators are supported when altering integer values: f and c. These impose a floor and ceiling, respectively, on the named value.

For instance:

Code: [Select]
SetVal/MoralePenalty,f:2
This will check the value of the custom integer MoralePenalty; if MoralePenalty is found to be less than 2, it will then be set equal to 2.

This reminds me, does the new system support a
Code: [Select]
RemoveVal/ValName action? One thing I remember from playing around with the old engine's scripting system is that it was too easy to leave orphaned or one-use variables in the save file. A way to clean up after myself would be convenient.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 04:21:22 PM by bugfartboy »

CraigStern

• The Creator
  • Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sinister Design
« Reply #1771 on: November 01, 2019, 06:35:48 AM »

Ha, nice. :)

There is not currently a RemoveVal action, but it's easily added!

Sythion

• Stone Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: November 06, 2019, 10:41:15 AM »

Any plans on doing another "This year in indie rpgs" for your website?
Hunger is the best spice.

CraigStern

• The Creator
  • Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sinister Design
« Reply #1773 on: November 07, 2019, 09:35:40 AM »

I hope to! :)

Acxeleon

• View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: December 04, 2019, 03:50:26 PM »

So, this question comes from me watching different stuff, combining ideas of what I've seen and such. Wouldn't Tychokinesis work in the Telepath games? I mean, you have the kinetic blasts that burn, freeze, slow, blind. But what about a blast that would lower the chance to dodge? Not only that but as a supporting tychokinetic skill, the user would improve the accuracy of a friendly character. and as the AOE / Multiple hit skill we could have a blast that goes in a sort of line that hits multiple enemies and would apply on hit effects. :P Would this be viable in future games?

CraigStern

• The Creator
  • Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sinister Design
« Reply #1775 on: December 05, 2019, 08:32:53 AM »

Hi Acxeleon! That's a great question with an apparently rather long answer. :D

So, to begin with, Telepath Tactics definitely supports skills that affect the target's dodge--you'd just need to make sure that their affecting attribute in Attacks.xml says Dodge instead of Health.

That aside, there are a few conditions that already drop the target's dodge chance to zero: namely, if they're swimming, slowed, or blinded. Because of this, any skill that imparts Slowed or Blinded status, or that dunks a character into water or lava, will have the effect of eliminating any dodge chance the target possesses! In the new engine I'm working on (based off of the old Telepath Tactics system!) there is an additional status effect (Immobilized) that drops Dodge to zero, and Frozen and Stunned have that Dodge-eliminating effect as well.

The upshot of all this is, I'm not sure it would be super useful to have skills that focus exclusively on lowering Dodge when there are so many skills that accomplish this same thing--but I do really like the idea of having a buff that boosts Accuracy! That would be great for Bowmen, and it would be especially useful in the new engine (where having an Accuracy above 100 makes status effects more likely to take hold).

Thank you for the suggestion!

Acxeleon

• View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: December 06, 2019, 09:39:31 AM »

Without giving too much away, will we be seeing a new race debut in this new game of yours? Follow up question, might I give out another suggestion or possible idea in a private message?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119]