News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Easy money

Started by Steelfist, February 07, 2010, 12:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromtaghon

You're posting something that's inaccurate: saying that you will nearly always get one.  If you don't believe in luck then you must believe that there is some way that the code decides whether or not you get one.  If you disagree with my 1/6 and 1/8 numbers, consult with CraigStern.  I'm only arguing because I disagree with your theory, because I find it an inefficient source of money.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

lentro

Ok, I know it's a 1/6 1/8 thing, but I don't know if it is an error or something else, every time i fight a patrol in the Deeper Downs, I get a spin saw. I also find that an easier way to get money if you aren't playing on brutal difficulty. Sure it requires you to do a little more effort but it's not as time consuming (in my opinion) as fighting the mechanics base constantly. because i can get 30 psy power on maybe 14 trips (guesswork) which isn't that many, so all i have to do is kill 28 golems and then I'm ready to open the chest.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Bromtaghon

If you get one every time it's a glitch, in which case it IS a convenient and constant source of money.  If it actually worked so that you rarely got it, then I'd find the Mechanic battles easier.
I'm happy now! The argument ended without KZ intervening and/or CraigStern having to ban one of us for flaming.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

lentro

Like you said earlier, we weren't argueing, we just had different opinions on which way to get money faster before using the chest.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

KZ

Hah, had I but returned a day earlier, Bromtaghon...

But seriously: lentro, I had a similar experience with the mission 6 part 2 where I whizzed through the lake after an update and never encountered a patrol, whilst before I was running into them all the time, so I suggested to Craig to increase back the chance of finiding a patrol (as I thought he changed the probabilities), and he said that the % stayed as usual. As for spin saw battles, I vividly remember checking that bit of programming working by having 100+ battles several times without a spin saw. On average, I get one after about 5-10 fights, but that's not always so. In any way, Spin Saw collecting is a plasuble method, but may take some time to get effective returns. By analyzing the average length of battle duration times one over chance of getting a spin saw you'll find the average duration for the average player before they can get the spin saw and cash that in (although the strenbth of the main is a big variable, I'd assume that this variable is comaparble across the Assassins, patrol and Tastidian battles). Then we can roughly compare which is the fastest method of acquiring gold and recommend it.

Personally, I've done all of the above-mentioned many times myself, and I usually go for spin saw as a variation to the routine, keep to the assassins early on and go to Tastidian later (as the Main becomes more powerful, it takes only a little longer to kill off Tastidian with thrice as much gold to gain).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!