News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Slave or Mercenary

Started by SmartyPants, April 18, 2010, 01:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are most combatants slaves or mercenaries?

Slaves
9 (40.9%)
Mercenaries
4 (18.2%)
About 50/50
9 (40.9%)

Total Members Voted: 22

SmartyPants

Do most combatants who fight in the Grand Tournament of Ravinale fight as free men like the Hero or do they fight as slaves like the Hero's team?

torugo

well the mercenarys enter on there own will since they also buy slaves from the market
mock the pheonix you will burn

SmartyPants

I noticed that many the teams are lead by free men.  There are several Mechanic teams who fight alongside their purchased spirits, bugs, and golems.  Members of the Ravinale Guard also fight alongside less equipped slaves.

torugo

the spiggurats and shadowling definitely are not preticipating on there own will since they are being purchased from the market as well

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on April 24, 2010, 10:23:41 AM
the spiggurats and shadowling definitely are not preticipating on there own will since they are being purchased from the market as well
I bet the slave owner of the "The Mouth Breathers" came up with the team name.

Zackirus

Well, I think that Spearmen, Swordsmen, Assassins are probably mercenaries because they are humans and they like to fight. Shadowlings and Spriggats on the other hand might be slaves because of the knowledge they have. I doubt that a Spriggat would want to fight, more or less a shadowling would want to watch the "fleshings" battle it out. Archers and Healer and Spirits, I think could go both ways as they could have equal reasons not to fight or to fight. I think Healers would be more inclined to be slaves because (and even though they aren't all like set) they wouldn't want to hurt people.

But Hey a Character is a Character 
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on April 25, 2010, 05:15:09 PM
Well, I think that Spearmen, Swordsmen, Assassins are probably mercenaries because they are humans and they like to fight.
To an assassin and a swordsman, the Hero said, "We? You are in the tournament because I purchased you, and you're on my team. And I...well. I am in this tournament for reasons of my own."  The Hero talks to him like a slave and not like a hired gun.

torugo

one thing i dont get is how spirits turned out to be slaves. how can you force a spirit to participate. you cant kill them so what do they have to lose

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on April 25, 2010, 08:47:55 PM
one thing i dont get is how spirits turned out to be slaves. how can you force a spirit to participate. you cant kill them so what do they have to lose
They are propably tricked into fighting.  If one can trick Azma into thinking his name is Zalam, then a smart guy could convince spirits that they were loyal sevants during their lives.

I wouldn't call spirits mercenaries, because I don't see a spirit needing money.  If there was a third category, then they would be in it.

torugo

stone golems, energy golems, and bronze golems are slaves provided by the mechanics. but is there a reason they wont let you purchase them

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on April 26, 2010, 06:14:51 PM
stone golems, energy golems, and bronze golems are slaves provided by the mechanics. but is there a reason they wont let you purchase them
The Mechanic are not selling them, because it is more profitable to use the golems themselves.

torugo

there was one enemy team description that said "this team had poured out all of there money to get a bronze golem and youre going to make them cry when you break it" so appearently they are selling them

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on April 26, 2010, 06:48:57 PM
there was one enemy team description that said "this team had poured out all of there money to get a bronze golem and youre going to make them cry when you break it" so appearently they are selling them
They put all their money into buying the parts to build a bronze golem.

torugo

it is a litttle confusing since there are some teams that there owner does not battle. and some that there owner do.

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on April 29, 2010, 08:16:20 PM
it is a litttle confusing since there are some teams that there owner does not battle. and some that there owner do.
It is not that hard to understand.  Some owners are warriors that fights alongside their teams like the TPA2 Hero, while other owners are sponsors like Shiraz Al'Jaj.  Sponsors hire soldiers like Zem the Reaper and the TPA1 Hero to lead their teams in battle.