News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

2010 Vancouver Olympic Games

Started by Zackirus, June 28, 2010, 11:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

My Aunt just got the 2010 Vancouver Olympics Games boxed set and I have been watching a bit of it. When I had finished watching the best parts (men's hockey, men's curling, and women's hockey) I thought, I wonder what the world thought of Vancouver Olympics. So my questions are for you: What did you think of the Vancouver Olympics? What were your favourite parts if at all? Did you enjoy the opening/closing ceremonies? Did you think we (The Canadians) did a good job hosting the games?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

It was awesome.

...Except the hydraulic system that didn't work during the opening ceremony.  That was just FAIL.

As for my favourite parts: Alexandre Bilodeau (first Gold on home soil!), Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (I just like figure skating) and probably the hockey match.

I didn't watch the closing ceremony but apparently it was just a lot of music.

Did we do a good job? Yes.  Did we pwn as much as China's 2008 Summer Games? No.

Also: does this belong in the Politics section or General Discussion?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Zackirus

It could belong in both.

The closing ceremony was way  more than that, they had a entire part dedicated to the stereotypes of Canada! Their were huge blow-ups of moose, mounties, beavers you name a stereotypical Canadian thing and it was their. They had comedians come out and lots more!!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

The Holy namelesskitty

it was totally awesome, and the beavers were the best part of the whole thing.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic