Author Topic: newbie questions  (Read 1014 times)

Offline GabrielRaper

• View Profile
newbie questions
« on: February 22, 2021, 07:16:09 PM »
I'm just a newbie and I do not really know what's a 'Global Moderator?' Is it some special title that you can only get under special circumstances? Can I get it?

Offline bugfartboy

• White Cape
    • View Profile
Re: newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 10:24:58 PM »
I'm just a newbie and I do not really know what's a 'Global Moderator?'
Moderators are responsible for enforcing the forum rules, and have elevated permissions that enable them to do so. They're capable of locking/unlocking, moving around, and deleting posts and threads, as well as being able to receive reported posts.

Is it some special title that you can only get under special circumstances?
With great power, comes great responsibility. The circumstances are so special that Craig (the forum owner/administrator/wonderful game designer) has only ever granted the position to two users. (At least as far as I can remember, in the couple of decades I've been here. Was there ever a mod other than KZ on the old forums? Ert wasn't promoted until the new forums, right?)

Can I get it?
Umm... you'll want to talk to Craig about that one.

Offline Ertxiem

• Global Moderator
  • Black Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 05:35:35 AM »
Welcome to the forums, Gabriel!
And in KZ's style:
Quote from: KZ
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!
:)

Is it some special title that you can only get under special circumstances?
With great power, comes great responsibility. The circumstances are so special that Craig (the forum owner/administrator/wonderful game designer) has only ever granted the position to two users. (At least as far as I can remember, in the couple of decades I've been here. Was there ever a mod other than KZ on the old forums? Ert wasn't promoted until the new forums, right?)

I don't remember nobody before KZ being a mod. And if I recall correctly, I was promoted after KZ told Craig that he would be unable to keep being active as before.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Offline CraigStern

• The Creator
  • Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sinister Design
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 02:54:31 PM »
Sounds about right!