News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Started by Cceellssoo, June 06, 2010, 03:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cceellssoo

Hello,

I would like to state my opinion about the Hero's profile. It is an interesting profile, fragile, naïve, noble and yet with inner strenght... I get you. But it changes of figure if that is our identity on the game.

On Telepath RPG 1, our character doesn't have an avatar, and on Telepath RPG 2 there is an avatar with the face concealed, like it's nobody's business. It's good for us since we want to see ourselves on our character, even more on this series since we get to choose our attitude.

So I think our avatar on TSoG should not tend always to a fragile and naïve profile, since later we get experience, becoming ruthless, cold, righteous or fierce as the plot evolves, instead of sticking to the fragile look and scared shoulders. The avatar should look more neutral and adaptive, or it could even change due to our choices on the game, though that sounds more complicated, but it's up to you :)

MikeW781

i like the idea of an avatar that adapts, but at the start he is naive and fragile, so it is appropriate that he looks that way.
maybe some sort of karma system could be used to determine your expression?
Or a by-message response system? IE when saying you wanna bag Rahel, you should look like a perve, but when asking for troops you should look statesman-like
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

CraigStern

These are good ideas, but like all new features, they would take time and money to implement. Honestly, I think I'd rather take the time to polish the gameplay, finish up the plot, and add extra quests.

Cceellssoo

I do realize a changing avatar would take time to make, that's why it was an 'or'... maybe it does sound better an avatar with neutral looks, in which we could see the attitude we cared.

Zhampir

how about a choice of avatar head shots in character creation?
Maybe custom color clothes, skin, hair, eyes, etc...?

MikeW781

Quote from: Zhampir on June 07, 2010, 09:24:14 AM
how about a choice of avatar head shots in character creation?
Maybe custom color clothes, skin, hair, eyes, etc...?
Also a good idea, but same issue
Quote from: CraigStern on June 06, 2010, 06:03:08 PM
These are good ideas, but like all new features, they would take time and money to implement. Honestly, I think I'd rather take the time to polish the gameplay, finish up the plot, and add extra quests.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zhampir

Yes, but my idea requires less time and money.^^
The fable good/evil & corrupt/pure idea requires several variables tied into many things including (but not limited to) character kills, dialogue choices, and quest completions. My way, people can create their own identity for their character that's static.

Slstoev

I personally like the idea but that's up to the test crew and Craig so we will just have to sit and wait.
Who I am is not important, my message is.

Steelfist

It would make it more of an RPG.

Duskling

Quote from: Cceellssoo on June 06, 2010, 03:25:07 PM
Hello,

I would like to state my opinion about the Hero's profile. It is an interesting profile, fragile, naïve, noble and yet with inner strenght... I get you. But it changes of figure if that is our identity on the game.

On Telepath RPG 1, our character doesn't have an avatar, and on Telepath RPG 2 there is an avatar with the face concealed, like it's nobody's business. It's good for us since we want to see ourselves on our character, even more on this series since we get to choose our attitude.

So I think our avatar on TSoG should not tend always to a fragile and naïve profile, since later we get experience, becoming ruthless, cold, righteous or fierce as the plot evolves, instead of sticking to the fragile look and scared shoulders. The avatar should look more neutral and adaptive, or it could even change due to our choices on the game, though that sounds more complicated, but it's up to you :)
Am I the only one getting a hint of KotOR here?

Steelfist

No, you aren't the only one. . .

Cceellssoo

...No, I never heard of KotOR, I was thinking more or the fire/ice/light/shadow philosophy of the game

Duskling

It looked like you were talking about personalities, also, I never meant that you implied something about KotOR, just that that's what happens there, your little avatar and physique change whether you are good or evil.

Steelfist

Yup, although I think it's only on the character screen in KOTOR.

Duskling

No, if you look at your character when you're on the dark side, you'll see his/her face is gray and cracked, also his/her eye color turns to this hazel/yellow color.