News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nation of Hubras Returns!

Started by Bromtaghon, June 12, 2010, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromtaghon

Osrie circled around Hubras, then entered the city from the western gate.  There were no guards and a section of the wall had burned down.  He sighed, then headed for the tavern.  One of the rebels had agreed to meet him there for-
Suddenly, Osrie felt a presence entered his mind.  He quickly began to think as a normal citizen would.  Stupid rebels! With all this smoke from their revolts, I can hardly see anything! Where's the market, I'm hungry... Osrie veered slightly off-course, now heading for the marketplace- on the opposite side of Hubras than the tavern.  He kept up his innocent citizen demeanor, which involved making up a story about chickens, until the Psy had gone away.  Osrie turned back towards the tavern, hoping he wouldn't encounter any more Psys on the way.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Steelfist

Seth crouched behind the crest of a hill, viewing the distant village with the sunrise framed behind it, with his team; Arles - A male pyrokinetics expert. Acts as a support unit for Sern, the 'tank'. Skilled and strong, Arles is a formidable opponent. Sern - A male Light expert. The tank unit; not as strong as Seth, but he can deal out and receive vast amounts of damage. Garlus - the Cyro expert. Not strong, but more skilled than all but Seth. A Psy assassin, he is deadly in close quarters and long range alike. He is skilled in obfuscation, and as such is a more or less fixture in the team, and is also the second in command. (Little introduction for the team) The view, however, was marred by the barricades surrounding the village, evidence that the turmoil of the civil war reached everywhere. "Okay," He said, "No mental contact from here on in, unless it's an emergency. We don't know how many psys are inside, and how good they are at intercepting. Go in fast, but be careful, and capture one so I can find out where the leader is. Oh, and stop anyone destroying the paperwork. Understood?"
The team murmured that they did.
"Move out" The last words were barely more than a whisper; Seth never saw any need to shout when he gave orders.

They crept toward the village, hiding when possible. Less than thirty metres from the village there was no more cover available. Seth cursed and sprinted toward the village, his team close behind. He shouted "Arles, Garlus! Remove that barricade!"
"With pleasure" Arles grinned and focused, raining fire down on the barricade as Garlus helped by driving wedges of ice into the structure, and by the time they reached it the section of barricade that they had concentrated on was little more than a pile of rubble and ash. They vaulted over and searched the houses until they came to one that was occupied. "Remember, I need one alive." Seth reminded them. Seth used telekinesis to literally smash his way through the wall. He mindblasted one and shouted "Got one alive! Do what you like with the rest!" Before laying about him with shadow-blasts.

After finishing up with the fight, Seth knelt beside the, now conscious, survivor. "Where is the leader?" He asked bluntly. The poor guy wasn't even a psy.
"I will never bet–"
Seth sighed, and broke into his mind, quickly finding the information he wanted. "Okay. Leader's in the tavern. Move."

Zackirus

Zack walked over hill after around 4 hours of walking. It appeared to be some sort of small town. I could learn where I am if I talk to the locals here. I might also be able to find a place to sleep and eat here. Zack descended the hill and came to halt. He sensed a high usage of Psy energy within the area. It almost seemed like there was attack on the town. It seemed weird though but thirst and fatigue compelled him to walk towards continue towards the tavern. The tavern though was quite easy to find as it was near the side of the town that he entered.

He walked in and noticed there weren't too many people in there and as soon as he sat down two people whispered to each other and left hastily. "Hey Bartender could I have a glass of wine?" asked Zack almost parched from not drinking in a couple hours. "Sure buddy" the bartender replied taking a glass to one of the huge barrels in the back of the tavern. When the bartender returned he looked Zack up and down "Hey you look new around here...." the bartender stated. "Ohh, well... ummm..." Zack paused thinking about his answer carefully before saying it "Well, I am just passing through the town and I wanted a place to sat for the night. "Well it costs around 3 gold per night and around 3 silver for that glass of wine" the bartender responded almost by memory. "Thank you, I'll let you know if I want to say for the night" Zack smiled and handed the bartender some of the change he found on the beach. He walked over to one of the corners with his glass and drank it carefully, it wasn't the wine he had grown up to like but it was passable. Zack sat down and leaned his chair against the wall. He didn't know what he was going to do next and he still didn't know where he was. If he were to ask anybody of where he was they would probably look at him strangely and might even send him to their leader to be questioned. He stuttered at the thought of being captured and maybe even tortured.   
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Steelfist

Seth walked boldly toward the tavern. They had searched most of the buildings in the village, and those they hadn't searched they had scanned. Now all he needed to do was take the tavern, but he had decided to try a subtler approach. He had left the town, leaving his team to continue to raise hell and keep the town's attention focused on them, and entered it from another gate. He hadn't even been scanned, probably because the inexperienced guards weren't expecting an attacker to bother going through the gate, when there was a gaping hole in the barricade. He opened the tavern door and walked in nonchalantly. There was no outcry. Evidently the sentries didn't consider him a threat. The plan was, he would identify the leader, contact the team, capture the leader and hold of the enemy until the team arrived, which they would likely do within two minutes (It's a small town, after all). He seated himself next to a weary looking man, with blue eyes, and blond hair. Seth's eyes roamed around the room, seeking anything that would give away who the leader was. Eventually, he resorted to scanning people's minds. He first tried the man next to him, but his mind was strongly shielded; he was confident he could overwhelm the barriers, but that would attract unwanted attention. Next he tried the bartender. The boss wants a barrel of ale for him and his men. I'm starting to run low, and the new load still hasn't arrived! The man hefted a cask of ale and carried it into the next room. This looked promising. He got up and walked to the bar. Confident no-one was watching him, he nonetheless affected their senses to make him, not invisible, as that took too much energy, considering the fight he was about to start, but unremarkable, as if he was simply part of the background. It wasn't hard; all the people in the bar was drunk, to greater or lesser degrees, and alcohol tends to make the senses easy to fool. He slipped into the next room. At the far end of the room and richly dressed man and two other, serious appearing, men, nursed their drinks. All three had strongly shielded minds. He waited for the bartender to leave, then felled them with a quick succession of mind-blasts. He dragged the three of them into a shadowy corner, where they could not be seen, and contacted his team. Team! NOW! If anyone intercepted it, it would not likely give him away, and his team knew what to do. He sat on the pile of unconscious bodies in the corner, invisible in the shadows, and waited.

Bromtaghon

OOC: Is this the same tavern I'm heading to?
IC:
Osrie reached the tavern, glanced behind him for any Psys, then entered the room.  He bought a glass of wine from the bartender, but only to act normal (for, after all, who would go to a bar and not drink anything?) Osrie sat down at a table close to the door, with his back to a wall.  He silently wondered where his client was.  He looked around, but nobody appeared to have noticed him.

Steelfist

I don't think so. Aren't you in a city?

Bromtaghon

I'm in Hubras, I assume Seth's not?

Steelfist

Hubras is a country. We're all in Hubras.

Bromtaghon

Good point, I got confused about that.  I'm in some unnamed city right now.

Steelfist

Yup. We need to name the capital (I think there is only one city, but you restarted the RP, so you decide).

Bromtaghon

Well, we could be really unoriginal and call it... Hubras City.  :D  For now I'll just call it the capital.  I think the capital will probably be the only major city in the Hubras region but there are minor villages and towns... I'm going to make a map of Hubras.  For now I'll be in some unnamed, minor town, closer to the Great Forest.

Next chapter: Three members of a mysterious cult attempt to raise Mortiferous, Sea Serpent of Death...

Steelfist

Oh, not again! Didn't we do this last time?

Bromtaghon

Are you referring to
a) Naming the capital
b) Making a map
c) Involving Pelineous?

Because this creature thing will be much less overpowered.

Zackirus

OCC: Wait, are we all affected my chapters in one way or another

It was uneventful drink until a man walked in and sat beside him. Zack looked up a stranger sitting next to him. He appeared to be looking for someone and he felt that this man was a Psy. Although, he had nothing against him, Zack shielded his mind barely enough so that if he were scanning then his thoughts wouldn't be seen. He did feel a slight jerk in his head when his mind was being scanned but he thought it was just a head pain. After around 5 minutes the man beside him got up and left. Zack was becoming sleepier by the second and all he wanted was a nice place to sleep. He saw the bartender go into some sort of side room and patiently waited for his return. Although he was tried (and minimally drunk) he was able to see the man that was beside him go into the same side room. Zack could have cared less at the moment as once the bartender came back out he asked "Bartender may I have a room for the night." "Why you most certainly may" chirped the bartender handing him a key and in return getting 3 gold. Zack trudged his way up the stairs and on the way up he noticed a dark looking figure near the door. He dismissed the person because they were acting normal but the thought twitched in his mind for a second that he could be dangerous. He went up to the upper part of the tavern and noticed there were only a few rooms and it looked dark and dirty, his room has at the end of the hallway and it looked as though it had not been slept in years. He unlocked the doot with some difficulty and collapsed onto the bed falling asleep as soon as his face hit the pillow 

Zack had a nightmare that night and yet again he didn't remember what happened in the morning...

When he woke up he looked outside from a small window and noticed the sun was just rising. Strangely he felt fresh and full of energy although he felt although something was bothering him but he couldn't figure out what it was...
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

OOC: I don't understand your OCC, whatever an OCC is.  I wonder what Psys are doing north of Lake Alto?
Also: you're still somewhere on the northern tip of Cera Bella, aren't you? You're not in the same village as Steel...