News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nation of Hubras Returns!

Started by Bromtaghon, June 12, 2010, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 22, 2010, 07:27:23 PM
OOC: I don't understand your OCC, whatever an OCC is.  I wonder what Psys are doing north of Lake Alto?
Also: you're still somewhere on the northern tip of Cera Bella, aren't you? You're not in the same village as Steel...

What I meant was that will different events that happen in one person's storyline affect another person's storyline

also: WE'RE all in the same village
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

No.
I'm in some minor town near a grove west of the Great Forest, Steel is in some village but he hasn't quite placed its location in relation to the capital.  I thought you were on the northern tip of Lake Alto, but I suppose if you moved quickly you could make it to either Steel's village, in which case I have no problem with your story, or my village, in which case it's kind of coincidental.
Still working on the map.

Also: yes, we're all in the same world (Cera Bella) but not in the same towns/villages, so not everything that happens will affect others.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Zackirus

Quote from: Steelfist on June 22, 2010, 04:35:25 PM
He seated himself next to a weary looking man, with blue eyes, and blond hair.

I think Steelfist is saying that I am in the same town as he is (because we both are in the northwest area of Cera Bella). It doesn't matter though
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

Alright- you can be in the same town as Steel.  Still writing the next chapter.

Duskling

Mako just got back from his most recent hit, a young man by the name of Zerm Pac, a Nationalist journalist, when he already had a new request in the mail.

Strange, I'm not known enough to get this many hits, thought Mako, Or am I failing in my job? Referring to himself gaining more fame by the week.

He unwrapped the letter, careful not to leave fingerprints, and read the name. It was the name of Ken Barth, a Nationalist party memeber.

I've been getting more and more hits like these, Mako thought, Someone wants them wiped out? Eh, doesn't matter to me so long as I get my money.

After a travel to the Nation of Hubras, Mako, in disguise, came to an informant who told him where to find this party member. After taking the information, Mako quickly silenced the informant via an ice shard to the throat.

As it is, Ken was a shop owner with a wife and two children, both boys.

Upon realizing what he is about to do to Barth's boys, Mako quickly reminded himself, Your parents were kiled when you were 5, so these two should have no problem recupirating.

He came up to the shopkeep's counter and asked, "May I have a new kitchen knife? My old one broke."

"Of course, sir," answered Barth,  "Let me get it for you."

"Please do," replied Mako.

As the shopkeeper walked towards the knife shelves, Mako noticed that it was a fairly rickety shelf, and took advantage. He kicked the shelf, making it fall apart, and causing knives to fall everywhere, including Ken Barth's head.

"I'd prefer not to shop in a place where it is so dangerous to even get a knife from a shelf," Mako said to Barth's corpse.

Outside the store waited a strange man with a package.

As he caught sight of Mako, he asked "Excuse me, could you deliver this to Mr. Barth?"

"Of course," Mako answered, "I'll give it to him as soon as I see him."

The package was labled "To Ken Barth," but had no return adress or a specific adress to be delivered to. Mako understood perfectly, and walked away, opening the package to find 50,000 gold, the reward for his job well done....

P.S. What's an OOC?

Xemadus Echina

Name: Rainen
Race: Human
Class: Psy
Affinity: fire
Faction: unknown
Bio: Rainen is a mysterious human of unknown origins.  He appeared one day on an island in the middle of Lake Alto with nothing more then clothing and a blood red sword.
[spoiler][/spoiler] heres a basic drawing of my character.  Ignore the blue sword.  The red one is the sword that Rainen carries with him.  Also ignore the sparkles, they aren't apart of this story either.
Skills:  can manipulate fire to a degree that it burns so hot that it is blue.  He is also able to heal himself far more rapidly then normal.
side note: Those of you who know me already know how i write but for those that don't know me,  I write using the character from my story.  Now granted I limit his powers and everything so that it fits into the world of Cera Bella(for some reason we're not fighting all powerful gods bent on destroying the universe in this game :P ) but still some things that don't make sense are just me tying my story into this one.

and now for the beginning of my story.

"I will never forgive Mystic for sending me here... The shifting always messes with me..."  Rainen stood up and took his sword into his hand.  and patted his shirt off.  He began walking and reached the shore of the island.

sorry its so short this time.  Feeling uninspired right now.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Zackirus

Zack gave up on trying to remember what was bothering him and open his door. The air was still musty as before but it felt as though someone had been moving through this area recently. Zack creped down stairs trying to avoid waking up any people still sleeping in their rooms and came to the same bar area as before. The bar tender was polishing glasses behind the counter and looked up at Zack's approach. "Well their sonny, how was your sleep?" The bartender asked as he finished cleaning the mugs. "It was great, for a five star place like this." Zack laughed saying it with a touch of sarcasm. "By the way," Zack continued "do you know where one might find a map." Trying to make it sound as though he did know where he was. "Well...." the Bartender pondered scratching his chin "here is a shop just around the corner that sells supplies, I'm sure they have a map their...".

"Thank You" responded Zack as he pick up his things and headed towards the door. He pushed it open and took a deep breath, he would finally know where he was. He walked around (following the bartenders directions) the corner and entered in a small shop that had some bags in the front of it. As the door opened a little bell run and a small ran came running towards the door. 'Oh, hello sir; welcome the travellers den." He smiled. "I am looking for a map of this region" Uttered Zack, trying to sound tried. "Well sir I have a fine map right here..." replied the man holding out a small piece of parchment. Zack grabbed the parchment and looked it over. Its title was Cera Bella. Great..... Now I am nowhere near Traten (home country). "How much..." Zack asked still looking the map over. "Around 1 silver" the store man said. "6 bronze", "1 silver", "7 bronze "8 bronze and that's it!" shouted the store manager. Zack handed him the money and quickly put the parchment in a waterproof container that had survived the boat wreckage.

He walked out of the store and continued down the alley. About half-way the alley expanded into a street. It stretched on a bit further until Zack noticed a destroyed home, looking out of place in the street. Zack walked over to it and saw that there were many burn marks and water and ice all over the structure. This must be what I felt yesterday, although why would Psys do such a thing.... Zack thought. He stopped for a second and looked at the Map. It showed many towns and landmarks throughout the region. After looking at the map for around 2 minutes he decided that going to a Lake called Lake Alto would be his best choice.......

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

OOC stands for Out of Character.  It's used to denote Author Notes (AN), random pictures, or questions about why Duskling changed his avatar AGAIN.

OOC: How come Zack suddenly remembers that he was from Traten? Didn't he not remember anything?
IC:
"What if it doesn't work, Reese?"
The former Ravinalian priest sighed.  "Caitlin, it will work.  The summoning ritual is simple."
Caitlin, a Shadow-kinetic Psy Assassin, sighed.  "I mean, what if he won't listen and attacks us instead?"
"Then what does it matter? Unlike the Greater Serpents, Mortiferous is bound to the water.  He has no legs nor wings."
Kayle, the third rebel, cleared his throat.  "Besides, even if we do anger it, that's even better.  If we're going to unleash it upon the city it needs to be angry."
"We can run far enough away," continued Reese.  He pointed.  "You see that tree? Once we're there, we're way out of range of his shadowblasts."
"What about the Shadow Gate?" asked Caitlin.
Reese smiled.  "Myth, Caitlin.  Legend and legend only.  Nothing is powerful enough to create an attack that big of any element."
Caitlin sighed.  They say the Shadowling Queen could.  But she dared not say it out loud- Reese was very touchy on the subject of Shadowlings.  "Fine.  We'll continue with the summoning and send it to attack Hubras.  But if this fails, Reese, you're the first casualty."
"Is that a threat, Caitlin?" said Reese.
"Enough!" demanded Kayle.  "We've wasted enough time.  Let's get to the summoning so we can get this over with.  The sooner Hubras is destroyed, the better."

OOC:
That's one of Mortiferous' weaknesses, by the way.  He can't fly like Pelineous could, so cities far away from rivers/seas/Lake Alto should survive just fine.
[spoiler=Profiles]
Name: Reese
Class: Psy Fighter
Affinity: Shadow
Faction: Rebels
Bio: Reese was a former Ravinalian priest who liked to gamble. Eventually he lost all his money and was forced to flee north to Hubras to escape his debts.  When the Psys took over, he refused to join them and helped the rebels instead.  There he met Caitlin and Kayle.  The three were soon annoyed by the Rebels' inefficient methods and fled northwest to the Dragith Sea in hopes of summoning the legendary Mortiferous.  He mastered techniques such as Shadow Blast and Dark Vortex, and can manipulate small Dark Shields.  For some reason, he hates the topic of Shadowlings.

Name: Caitlin
Class: Psy Assassin
Bio: Caitlin was a former student at the Psy Academy.  However, after she was caught stealing a book from the bookstore, she was expelled.  She headed northwest to Hubras, originally to join the Psys in destroying the rebels, but after saving a wounded Rebel she learned the atrocities the Psys had commited.  She joined the Rebels where she met Reese and Kayle.  The three were soon annoyed by the Rebels' inefficient methods and fled northwest to the Dragith Sea in hopes of summoning the legendary Mortiferous.  In battle, she sneaks behind enemy lines and shadowblasts them, using Feedback to restore her health when wounded.

Name: Kayle
Class: Bowman/Psy Healer
Bio: Very little is known about Kayle.  He joined the rebels almost immediately after the Psy took over.  He eventually met Caitlin and Reese during a mission. The three were soon annoyed by the Rebels' inefficient methods and fled northwest to the Dragith Sea in hopes of summoning the legendary Mortiferous.  Kayle uses a bow and often enchants the arrows with shadow, but he prefers to act as the group's Psy Healer, healing Caitlin and Reese whenever they need it.
[/spoiler]

Mortiferous
Health: 1200
Speed: 3
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 45), Shadow Blast (Range: 2, Damage: 70), Shadow Gate (Range: 3X3, Epicentre 3 Spaces Away, Damage: 60)
Resistance: Shadow

Zackirus

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 22, 2010, 09:39:32 PM
OOC: How come Zack suddenly remembers that he was from Traten? Didn't he not remember anything?

OOC: I never forgot where I am from, I simply survived a ship wreck. (Although to make the story intresting can we say that Cera Bella and Traten are enemies just to make my Stay in Cera Bella a bit more intresting...)

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

Oh, I see... you said 'wondering where he is' and I took that to mean 'wondering where he was, who he was, why he was there, when he was, etc. etc.'
IC:
"Why do I have to do the swimming?" complained Caitlin.  "The water is absolutely freezing."
"You're the only one who can swim," muttered Reese, rolling his eyes. 
Well, I know Kayle can't swim, thought Caitlin, but I'll bet Reese is just too fat to swim. She sighed and dove into the water, swimming for a shoal close to the shore.  She climbed onto the sandbar and placed a small, waterproof chest on the sand.
"Reese, this thing ways a ton, what's in it?"
"Something a lot of Shadowlings will want back.  Get back to shore, you do NOT want to be on that sandbar when we shadowblast it to pieces."
Caitlin sighed and dove into the water.  When she reached the shore, Kayle helped her up.  "Alright, on the count of three, I want you all to aim a shadowblast at that chest.  Give it everything you've got."
"Um, Reese?" said Kayle.  "Shadowblasts are manifestations of negative energy..."
"And treasure chests don't have feelings or emotions," finished Caitlin.  "So..."
"Whatever's in the chest is already charged with shadow energy," explained Reese.  "Shadowblasting it releases the energy.  It should be enough to break the barriers holding Mortiferous."
"And where are these barriers, exactly?"
"You'll see," said Reese.  "One... two... three!"

[cut to commercial break]

Duskling

NOOOO!!!!!!!! I HATE COMMERCIALS!!!!!!!!!! ... Ahem, sorry about that.

As Mako was getting back to his home, he had a new request: to kill three rebels by the names of "Reese," "Caitlin," and "Kayle." But what was sstrange about that was the fact that it was a rebel adress the letter was sent from.

Yes! Mako thought again, Rebels! Mother, Father, you will be avenged, even if only in a small way.

The letter said that they are at Lake Alto and to get there fast.

What's the rush? Mako thought, If they are dead before I get there, I should make it snappy.

What Mako saw when he got there was a very strange sight indeed, three teenagers shadowblasting away at a crate or a treasure chest of some sort.

This is probably why someone would want these kids dead, Mako thought upon seeing that it was a treasure chest they were blasting.

Little did he know, that there was something much more sinister inside it than he could imagine....

Bromtaghon

Three shadowblasts, glowing purple, fired into the chest, which practically exploded.
"Get down!" yelled Reese.  The three ducked, just as the sandbar burst into purple flames.  The ground shook, and a the neck of a sea serpent rose from the middle of it.  It turned its head towards the three and its eyes glowed purple.
"Mortiferous..." whispered Caitlin.  "Run!"
The three ran back.  Reese turned just in time to see Mako watching Mortiferous.
"I have no idea who the heck you are," he shouted, "but I suggest you run!"
Just then, the ground shook again, and a small section of the sky seemed to open up.  From the rift poured a storm of shadowblasts, more powerful than a dark vortex could ever create.
"Shadow Gate!"

Duskling

Mako watched in awe and terror, and thought, No ammount of money is worth this! But then he thought of something just crazy and suicidal but likely to save himself and his hit that it was enough to make him stop in his tracks. Nothing is taking my hit away from me! Mako though, preparing his most powerful cryo blast ever.

"Hey, kids!" Mako yelled at the teens, "Every one of you, use your strongest power against that thing!!"

"Wha-?!?" yelled Reese right back at him.

"Just do it!!!!" replied Mako, sounding more ergent.

They fired off their most powerful attacks, each hitting the monster in the head, angering it, but weakening it.

"Yeah!" yelled Kayle triumphantly.

"It won't stay that way for long," yelled Reese, "RUN!!"

"Oh no, you don't!" yelled Mako.

"What??" yelled Caitlin.

Mako produced and threw an ice shard at Caitlin, but Kayle saved her, but got wounded in the leg in the process.

"Who are you?" yelled Kayle, confused.

"That doesn't matter," yelled Mako, smiling an evil smile, "What matters is what you're gonna be, dead!"

Bromtaghon

Kayle instinctively threw up shields around Caitlin and Reese.  While Reese tried to deflect the ice shards, Caitlin snuck up behind him.  But Reese was tiring and Kayle's shield was falling.  Reese dodged another shard and lept aside...
Just as an icicle impaled him in the stomach.
The rebel toppled over and was dead before he hit the ground...
Moments before a powerful shadowblast hit Mako in the back and knocked him to the ground.
"Leave him to Mortiferous, Caitlin!" shouted Kayle, as Caitlin had been powering up another attack.  "Run!"  Mako got up to see his targets running away, dragging Reese with them.
Mortiferous glanced at the three humans before him.  All three were still too small to make a decent meal, chasing down the fleeing ones would be too much effort...
He turned his head to the beach, and a ball of shadow formed in his mouth.

Duskling

"NO!!!!" Mako yelled, looking for a way to escape the beast, "Oh, yeah," he then said as calmly as he could manage.

He threw an ice shard at the beast's eye, temporarily blinding it, just enough time for him to freeze the beast's part of the river. With Mortiferous distracted, Mako made a mad dash out of the area and took off.

What the hell kind of rituals are those kids doing? Mako thought, his heart still pounding, That thing nearly killed me. And them,  part of his brain reminded him.

"What was that thing?" Mako asked himself, "And how did kids like them find out about it?"

That wasn't any regular hit, Mako thought to himself, I have to kill those kids, not only to protect myslef, but any future contracters. And for my parents to rest in peace...

So that is how Mako devoted his life to hunting down and killing the three rebels that almost cost him his life.