News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nation of Hubras Returns!

Started by Bromtaghon, June 12, 2010, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 24, 2010, 12:56:30 AM
b) rekill Reese, and thus ending any hope for Kayle and Caitlin as their only hope was to work with Tratenites, who have now turned on them (in their mind at least)

First, I didn't kill him, I simply knocked him out (sorry for any misclairification). I'm not against them becuase I knocked  out Reese (They also don't know how I am yet) because I felt as though I owed it too Mako as he was going to kill me (thus he would be grateful in some way towards me).  

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 24, 2010, 01:55:21 AM
Zack was originally; he then headed to the village Steel was in, and then somehow found the whole Mortiferous incident, I can't remember how.

I didn't land in Lake Alto, I landed at the Norteast tip of Cera Bella. I made my way southwest where I reached Steelfists town and then I headed after to Lake Alto which then I saw the Sea Serpent. Then I headed to Hubras because I learned that rich people would help somone. I then took a walk in the woods were I saw Orsie and Kayle make that deal. I followed Kayle and (under my direction) he went to the cave where he left Reece. Right now I'm in a tree watching them intreogate Mako.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Steelfist

Seth was enjoying himself. He had succeeded in his first assignment, and had been officially accepted into the Nationalist League as a team captain. He had some leave, too. They generally gave new captains a week holiday, to allow them to enjoy themselves. The only time they didn't is when a war was going against them, and the war with the rebels was going well. Very well. Earlier that day, he had seen a very interesting exchange. Two men had met on the outskirts of the capital, at the southern gate. One had given the other a bag, presumably full of gold, in return for an 'orb', that glowed violet. He hadn't believed in them, but apparently the legendary Orbs were real; there had been no mistaking the power of it. He had been heading for the tavern at the time, and his team had gone on ahead, when he had felt emanations heading up the road. The man was immensely proud. Seth had gently scanned his mind; it hadn't been hard to find what he was so proud of; it had been at the forefront of his mind! Another person had seen the transaction as well, and he had followed the other two when they had departed. He had followed, too. He had watched in amusement the skirmish, and was now waiting, superbly concealed the undergrowth, with his shields up and his mind probing for hostiles in all directions. His team would arrive soon enough, but until then he was content simply to watch the show. . .

OOC: This was mainly simply to tell you where Seth was and what he was doing, just so he didn't get left behind.

Bromtaghon

"Well, we can either wait for him to wake up," said Caitlin, "or we can wake him up forcibly."
"I like the sound of that," said Kayle, handing Caitlin a very large rock.  "On three, then?"
"Yup.  One... t-" Both threw their rocks simultaneously.

Mako awoke to a very sharp pain in his head.
He instantly realized where he was and tried to escape, but Caitlin had tied him to a rock.
"I see you have tied me to a rock," he said.  (That's what I just said, Mako!)
"Where did you get that rope anyways?" asked Kayle, turning to Caitlin, but keeping his bow pointed at Mako.
"Oh, I always keep some in my shirt in case I need to hang myself," said Caitlin, a shadowblast forming around her hands.
"...In your shirt?"  Kayle sighed.  "Alright.  First of all, assassin, what's your name?"

OOC: You can choose whether or not he tells the truth; I leave his responses up to you. Also, Zack: remember it's the Sea of Dragith.  Lake Alto is... as of now, unimportant.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Duskling

"My name..." said Mako, in between coughs, "Is Mako Ker. I was hired to kill you by the Rebellion."

Bromtaghon

"So we've heard," said Caitlin emotionlessly.  "How much are they paying you?"

Duskling

"Why's that important?" spat Mako.

Bromtaghon

"Answer the question and maybe I'll tell you," said Caitlin, while Kayle tried to decide whether an arrow through the calf or a rock on the head was more painful.

Duskling

"35,000 gold per head," Mako answered, "Now, why's that so important?"

Bromtaghon

"I just wanted to see how desperately they needed us gone," said Caitlin.  "Did they say why?"

Duskling

"They didn't want civillian casualties at Hubras, just Nationalist deaths, and unleashing Mortiferous would cause destruction on all of Cera Bella," said Mako, "I was just doing my job."

Bromtaghon

"True," said Caitlin, "but that doesn't stop the fact that you tried to kill us."
"Besides," said Kayle, "Mortiferous is bound to the water- there's a river near the western area of Hubras but there's mostly Nationalist Outposts there."  He sighed.  "We need to stop the Rebellion from killling us while we stop the Nationalists at the same time."
"I have an idea," said Caitlin.  "We can send them a message..." She whispered something in Kayle's ear.
Kayle nodded.  "But we'd need to charge an item with enough power to sustain the illusion until it has reached the Rebellion, and even longer than that."  He turned to Mako.  "Spriggat, if this works your life might be spared, any suggestions?"
OOC: Great time for an orb reference.

Duskling

"No," said Mako, "But I'm getting tired of this."

With that, the Spriggat unleashed his Frost Breath, which he had forgotten that he could do.

Since Reese was unconscious and out of range, Mako forgot about him, and he didn't see it wise for a Frost Spriggat to fight someone with a fire-enhanced sword, broke through the rope with a sharp ice shard, and flew away, leaving Caitlin and Kayle frozen (nice twist, eh?).

Zackirus

Zack watched as the three interrogated the white creature and was amazed but what he heard. He still didn't know who the Nationalists or Rebels were but he had a feeling their was a slight power struggle among them. Although he had no feelings of love nor hatred for Cera Bella, Zack remained in the tree and watched the creature fly off. Feeling as though they would meet again Zack contacted the Creature while he was flying away "Hey, No hard feelings if we meet again Mako...." He struggled to try to send the message by standing up on the branch until he heard a large Crack!. "Uh Oh," Zack whispered silently as the branch broke. He shielded his mind before he hit his head on one of the more thicker branches on the tree and was un-conscious before he hit the ground.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Xemadus Echina

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 24, 2010, 12:56:30 AM
a) send Caitlin to the cave near Lake Alto

OOC: I'm pretty sure you said it was ok for me to do that.  Also IC I implanted feelings of trust in Caitlin which in essence makes it very easy for me to get her to do what I want.
Also incase you didn't notice I also gave her a mind shield ability :P  It's basically a shield that attacks the prober's mind the same way feedback would but it doesn't heal the user. 

IC:After making sure Reese was shielded Rainen stood up and walked around while Caitlin and Kayle interrogated Mako Why don't they just let him go already so we can move on He sat down behind a tree and held onto his sword in a meditative position, reaching out with his mind.  He searched the spriggat's mind and touched on the subject of his ice breath to bring it up in his memories while throwing up a life shield around the kids so that they wouldn't die from being frozen.  He reached out farther for emanations of psy abilities and found two men hiding.  A scan of one revealed a heavily shielded man who was intent on not being discovered and a scan of the other revealed a man who was only looking out for himself he intensified the connection between their minds so he could use telepathy with the man Listen, I'm the Pyromancer.  I don't know who you are or where you're from but I know that you just want to survive.  Help me out and I'll make sure that happens.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

Thank god I got out of there, thought Mako, I thought that I saw the one with the bow load an arrow.

He returned to his hideout to see if he had enough money to make an assassin group.

Looks like it, Mako thought, I think two others will allow me to be more effective, but still have more than enough money to operate...

Below is a picture of Mako's hideout, click to see it, and ignore the minature GUI.