News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nation of Hubras Returns!

Started by Bromtaghon, June 12, 2010, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Zack had been sitting in the cell for 2 days and it was pretty boring. He got feed sludge every 10 hours and there was nothing to do. Thankfully, they had removed he dead body from his cell and it was a bit roomier now. As Zack looked at the guard he noticed  it was the same guard who had been watching him the entire 48 hours.

"Don't you ever sleep" asked Zack as he yawned deeply.

"I sleep very rarely and besides my sift is almost over." Replied the guard standing up and stretching.

The guard paced around the room for around 5 minutes until their was a huge clank at the door down the hall. The guard moved down  the hall and opened a small hatch.

"I'm here to take your shift" scratchy and gurff voice said.

"Guard Sign?" yawned the guard almost by memory.

The second guard handed the guard a small piece of parchment and the guard opened the door. The other guard walked in and sat down on the same chair as the first guard had. For the next 4 hours the guard stared at him.
"
You're borin'...." The man said leaning back in the chair.

"Wha... Wha?"

"Well you haven't talked or moved much in the past bit and you haven't tried escaping".

Suddenly the door burst open and three guards were dragging a girl in the door and around the corner. She had pink hair and she was wearing some fancy dress of some sort. She actually looked kind of pretty (to Zack). The guards placed her roughly in the cell in front of Zacks' and General Detore entered the area with a clunk.

He looked at Zack and smiled, "apparently, you are not our boss's son, too bad but we are keeping you in here for a while for wasting our time."

"And you Missy." General Detore said to the girl who had just mumbled as she awoke from unconsciousness, "Look you like your the daughter of some rich Nationalist, we will hold you for ransom like the guy in front you. "Now, all guards, we have a meeting." All the guards got up and walked with the General to the door where they locked it tightly....

OOC: I'm glad I decided to leave the area when I did!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Steelfist

His team had been surprised, of course, but they had welcomed him back. He was leading them to the capital, where he would resupply, after, he intended to head to Somnus, in order to find out how the shadowling queen had resurrected beings.

OOC: If he picks up your mind, he might just come to your rescue.

Duskling

OOC: You mean Zack, right? Just so there's no confusion.

IC: Mako was lucky enough to get away from whatever that... thing was.

"Thank God I got outta there!" panted Mako, "What was that thing?"

Mako saw all of Seth's troops now, they looked horrified at what they just saw, but then they looked pleasantly surprised.

"Now what's going on down there?" Mako asked himself...

Steelfist

Yeah, I meant Zack. Anyway; I hope you didn't mind the character control, but I figured that was what Mako would do.

Duskling

Sure, no problem, that is what he would do... depending on what the "thing" was.

Steelfist

Well, I think that if you were close enough to see it, then you would be too close to get away.

Bromtaghon

Quote from: Duskling on July 03, 2010, 05:28:23 PM
Quote from: Bromtaghon on July 03, 2010, 04:38:10 PM
And he's not saying he's more powerful- he's just saying they forgot about the main.
First of all, that's a grammatical error.

What is it?

Also, about the whole overpowered Rainen thing- all he needs is an Achilles heel.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Steelfist

Hmm, well, true, but I still think that being more powerful than the Main is ridiculous.

Duskling, do you want Mako to make contact with Seth? Because, if so, could you do it soon?

Xemadus Echina

OOC: hey guys i'm back for about half a sec i'll edit this later but don't forget rainen isn't from this world and in reality he's over 100 years old.  he does have a weakness and it will be revealed later when he comes back into the main story.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Bromtaghon

The main was actually quite weak, Steelfist, until we had Hellion grind him.  So, quite frankly, if rainen's gone through the same process (paying tens of thousands of gold), he could easily be as strong, if not stronger, than the main.  That is, if he had enough gold.

IC:
Kayle held up a small white sphere.  "Caitlin, do you know what this is?"
"No, what is it?"
"It's a glass ball," he explained.  "Except it's imbued with a Soul Charge."
"Interesting," said Reese.  "So, what does it do?"
Kayle sighed.  "Have you ever heard of necromancy?"

Xemadus Echina

OOC: yea guys not everybody spent hours grinding to get gold in order to boost the main up to insanely high levels.  some of us just played though normally and saved up money via bonds before cashing them in at the very end.  also about the Achilles heel thing.  Rainen does have a weakness and it has sort of been explained in the earlier portion of this story as well as the vast posts I have made in other rp type stories.  Also Within my posts I'll be explaining the force that most of you have built into your story.

IC: Rainen had been training for hours.  He was slowly letting a larger portion of his abilities surface in order to show vast improvement.  He had been able to keep the fact that he possessed the yellow orb a secret as well as the sword he carried.  He had been able to hide away in a long forgotten corner of the psy academy in order to safely regenerate acceptable amounts of power I have no idea how that thing managed to take away all my power yet still leave me alive... whatever it was it had to be what mystic sent me here for  Rainen stood up and then something seemed to just crush his mind. He fell down onto his knees, panting. not again. please not again after kneeling there for a few seconds he fell to the floor being fully unconscious.  In his mind he saw a being of pure evil.  It seemed to radiate all forms of energy at once creating clashing elements.  It spoke in a voice that could shatter glass Leave these lands at once, these people are my puppets and I will not have you interfere with me. The entity took the form of what Rainen knew was a shadowling and spoke once again the people of these lands tried to kill me once before but they only managed to kill a part of me.    Again the entity changed form only into a giant dark spriggat These lands are the spawning ground of my race and the inhabitants of these lands, whether shadowling spriggat or... human... will never end our existance  The voice and images left Rainen's mind and he awoke once again.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

MikeW781

Mike sat in the corner of Lala's old house, waiting for a sign of her. After several hours, she arrived. She was pure yellow, and amazingly frail. Her guards, two red shadowlings, scanned the room quickly, and exited. The complete lack of any threat to Lala had apparently lead them to be more lax in security. True, Mike had killed five different shadowlings to enter the empty building, but it looked like it would be his easiest kill in decades. He waited an hour after the Shadowlings had left, and mentally prepared himself. He rose while her back was turned, then quickly elimenated his target with a Cyro blast to the back, followed by a knife to the back before she had time to move. Now for the hard part- the escape. Mike had to kill another seven shadowlings, and stay in Lalas basement for three hours before he was home safe. He decided to return home, for money, rest, and his next target.

OOC: Would the Nationalists leader know who any of the rebel characters are? Im thinking I could get an assignment to kill one of them, then end up changing sides in the process.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Bromtaghon

As in, you're not supposed to use 'and' to begin a sentence?
@Mike: Remember, this is 100 years after TSoG, I doubt Loyalists are still around, also, they wouldn't know/care much about human political events.

Duskling

I think he got them mixed up with Nationalists again. Also, yes, you aren't supposed to use "and" to begin a sentence.

Bromtaghon

My error, I will change that.
IC:
"Necromancy?" asked Caitlin.
Kayle nodded.  "Spirits call it 'reviving.'  As you may know, certain spirits- I've never been able to tell which ones- are able to use necromancy to revive the fallen.   Certain shadowlings, also."  He held up the orb.  "I've slain many spirits, Caitlin.  I've obtained many Soul Charges."  He sighed.  "If I was a spirit, a single Soul Charge could resurrect anyone permanently- or at least until they died again.  However, I'm not one.  This process will require a large number of Soul Charges- and the number increases almost exponentially the longer the person has been dead."
"Who do you intend to revive?"
Kayle smiled.  "You'll see." He frowned.  "Wait a second.  Where's Reese?"