News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Grotuis

Started by lentro, June 21, 2010, 10:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you kill Grotius after defeating Cerzak?

yes
no

lentro

Normally, I would kill Grotius a thousand times over if given the chance. Why? Because I think I am racist and have been listening to shadowlings talk about them to much. Plus, i enjoy killing Cerzak and Grotius doesn't learn 'helpful' moves, when you want the frost res. by the time you get it you are already past the frost spriggats.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Bromtaghon

Incidentally, do Cerzak and Grotius survive, canonically?
Technically, having no memory of before and living with Shadowlings for all his/her (remembered) life, the Main would probably be quite biased against spriggats, but then again his personality depends on the player.  I personally leave both of them alive.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

lentro

Hmm, could you explain, in your opinion, why you would leave them alive?
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Bromtaghon

Mostly because they're slaves, just like I am.  They're not trying to kill us because they want to, they're doing it because it's their only choice at surviving.  Granted, if he had been accidentally killed in the battle, I'd be fine with that.  Grotius has even fewer reasons to be killed, not only does the whole Shadowling slave thing apply, he also fought with us.

lentro

well i can see why you think that, but since you were living with the shadowlings, it's always been their dream of finding and killing cerzak. For Grotius, when he said i won't let you kill him, it was basically saying, "Over my dead body!" so that means he was asking to be killed with him in my opinion. besides, i found him an ineffective teamate so it would be more bennefit (peace of mind) to have Cerzak dead than Grotuis alive.

Bromtaghon

Yes, Grotius would rather be dead with his father then alive without his father.  In the end it really comes down to the player's personality.

lentro

Good reasoning, that's why this poll was created. Although I'm pretty sure most will say they left him alive.

Barzul

I kept Cerzak alive. I didn't really care either way, and I don't use Grotius that often, but the lose in personality points was not worth the choice.

Duskling

Grotius is a very useful character, I wouldn't kill him, especially because of the negative impact on your charm.

torugo

you dont hear from cerzak again either way so i choose not to kill grotius
mock the pheonix you will burn

Bromtaghon

Wait, you lose Personality if you kill Cerzak? I've never done it so I wouldn't know...

Barzul

Well technically. You lose personality if you kill Grotius. I guess your team decides you aren't a very good leader if you kill off one of them in cold blood.

If you don't have Grotius on your team, you can kill Cerzak with no negative side effects.

lentro

Well, I normally kill him and I don't mind the side effects, I don't use grotius, I only use five teammates so a little personality drop doesn't do anything to me. Besides, it's easy to bring back up, just train up something on you that you normally don't  like mind sheild (normally festus does a good enough job) and i can bring it right back up for little money.

KZ

Well, as rightly said above, it boils down to the personality of the player and the "shadowling influence" can be explained for both cases- after all, one can go through the game with the Main not being significantly affected by the Shadowling customs (by the right selection of replies). Plus, there are humans on his team as well, and Grotius too, so they can give him a slightly different perepsctive on certain issues (and let's not forget that to of the Main's best friends are on the team as well, so they'll probably spend a lot of time together and influence the Main).
Personally, I keep them both alive, as not only do I use Grotius and don't need the personality dip, at that point in the game I think the Main has enough info on his hands to be a bit more cautious of what the Shadowlings tell him and what Nelis stands for in the Shadowling society (cf Anya reading local books and telling that info to the Main).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

lentro

Sorry KZ, you lost me at "shadowling influence", none of that made much sense to me.