News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Paste Game

Started by Bromtaghon, June 27, 2010, 04:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Holy namelesskitty

again this is long
[spoiler]The objective of the lab was to place several skulls in chronological order starting with the skull of a gorilla which represents the missing link; and ending with modern humans. Along with the two reference skulls there were five skulls which were in between on the evolutionary ladder.  Over the course of two days we did measurements on the skulls and used those to determine approximately their place in the line of evolution from the missing link to humans as we know them today. The skulls that we used were smaller much smaller than normal or real skulls, but were built to scale and designed to mirror the exact proportions of the skull of a hominid.

A +/- system was used when determining which skull was more or less modern each measurement was measured against the human and the gorilla skull, if the measurement was closer to that of the human the skull was given a +1 for that measurement, if the measurement was closer to that of the gorilla the skull was given a -1 for that measurement if the measurement was directly in between the skull was given a 0 for that measurement. The measurements were as follows and in that order: width of the cranium, length of the braincase, postorbital construction, sagittal crest (if any), shape of forehead, location of foramen magnum, supraorbital brow ridge, extent of facial prognation, shape of chin, shape of dental arcade, dental formula, angle of upper incisors, canine dystema, and length of canine tooth. After the totals of each skull were added up the ones with the greater numbers were judged to be more modern, the skulls were ranked as follows: A, 13 B, -13 C, 9 D, -8 E, 9 F, -3 G, 7.

The skulls were ranked A, E, C, G, F, D, B, from most modern to least modern as per the information stated above. As it happened we were correct on all counts and the skulls were given their names, "A" was Homo sapien "B" was Gorilla gorilla "C" was Homo erectus "D" was Pan Tryglotenes "E" was Homo neanderthalus "F" was Australopithecus afarensis and "G" was Australopithecus boisie. I think that the lab went well with only a few, although possibly major, problems, first of all, a gorilla and a chimp are not our ancestors but are modern mammals that evolved from the same common ancestor as us, secondly the measurements were done by different people and therefore not by a clear cut standard, thereby making them imprecise when comparing them to the measurements of others. But aside from those two problems the lab went well.
[/spoiler]
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Duskling

Duskling

bugfartboy

Im2smart4u is right. Only the marksman has light resistance. And I don't like the idea of a war engine, I'm a maybe on traps, I like the Helenite Field Medic.

The Holy namelesskitty

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

asked if there are too many Illegal Aliens in the U.S. , 17% Said Yes, 22% Said No, The Other 61%  said, "I no speaka English."

ArtDrake

bugfartboy

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 11, 2010, 12:16:30 AM
Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 10, 2010, 10:39:41 PM
That's why the Flame Golem should have a uniqueish attack to separate it from Flint. I vote fire fist.
Why would we want to separate the Flame Golem from Flint when we are basing the golem off of Flint?

Quote from: Duskling on October 10, 2010, 11:06:15 PM
the Ravinale guard member who hired the Mechanics said he regretted it and should have hired the Helenites.
That was because they let Resistance soldiers into the camp.  If they hired Helenites and the Resistance got into the camp, then they would regret not hiring the Mechanics.

TheWanderingShadow

Name: (the birth and last/sur name)
Race: (Human, Spriggat, Gelf, Bird, etc.)
Class: (Psy Fighter but you can specialize in archery and swords) (also state Cape Level)
Affinity: (Light, Shadow, Cryo, Pryo, Shields, or any Psy Ability [must be confirmed with me])
Bio: (how your character acts)
Equipment: (what your character has)
Skills: (special skills- keep it realistic)
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

ArtDrake

Azerbaijan: 3-
Bhutan: 10
Côte d'Ivoire : 11
Djibouti: 14
Eritrea : 10
Guinea-Bissau: 10
Kiribati: 10
Kyrgyzstan: 10
Lithuania: 16
Saint Kitts and Nevis: 26+
Vanuatu: 10
United Kingdom: 100

bugfartboy

Psy Assassin (Feedback)

HP: 35
Move: 4
Attacks: Mind Blast (Damage: 10), Feedback (Returns up to: 16)
Resistance: Shadow
Flying
Counter: None