News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Can't Open Downloaded Demo

Started by Tastidian, July 02, 2010, 02:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastidian

I've already downloaded the game successfully and I clicked on the thing then it ask me what I should open it with I chose everything on the list but nothing worked. Usually this doesn't happen but has been recently for most downloadable games. I use windows vista home premium 64-bit as my operating system.

Dayn

That happened to me too. I think it' because we have a mac.

Tastidian

Actually I tried it on both my PCs Mac and Dell. It wont download  on either my laptop is the one I want it on which is dell. Maybe its the file type.

Duskling

I think that this thread should be moved as a post to the Bugs section?

Tastidian

I agree but that might not be the case. It could be because I don't have the means of downloading it.

CraigStern

Go to the folder that the demo is installed in and double-click the exe file. Don't use the shortcut.

Tastidian

I just realized I moved the file a long time ago and forgot it  :D thats embarrassing.

Idozen Cair

Not working for me. What's exe file? I only got a word doc 'Telepath RPG' in the folder, but it still asks what should I use to open it.
I doesn't care, do I?

CraigStern

Quote from: The Grotesquery on January 01, 2011, 10:02:31 AM
Not working for me. What's exe file? I only got a word doc 'Telepath RPG' in the folder, but it still asks what should I use to open it.

Oof. Here, what operating system are you using? If it's a 32-bit version of Windows, look in Program Files. If it's a 64-bit version, look in Program Files (x86). There will be a folder in there called Telepath RPG Servants of God. Double-click the program icon in that folder (the one that looks like Cygnus).