News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

orange orb

Started by mezzoforte, August 12, 2010, 01:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mezzoforte

Does anyone know how to get the orange orb and still have a happy ending?

mezzoforte

No, I couldn't find a truly satisfying end to that side-quest.  I can end it badly and get the orb though.

Duskling

Maybe it just wasn't done all the way through yet, or it could be an example of real life, when sometimes there are no happy endings.

mezzoforte

Yea, I agree with the real life part.  But what I end up doing is [spoiler]blackmailing her into giving me the reward[/spoiler].  Something like that deserves a loss of personality, I would think.  So I hope there will be alternative.

Tastidian

Quote from: mezzoforte on August 12, 2010, 05:48:02 PM
Yea, I agree with the real life part.  But what I end up doing is [spoiler]blackmailing her into giving me the reward[/spoiler].  Something like that deserves a loss of personality, I would think.  So I hope there will be alternative.

I did the same thing but I do remember there is a happy way to end and still get the orb or was that just my mind mixing up parts of the game.

Duskling

Well, you could state the happy way to get the orb and we can decide if it's just your mind mixing things up, I mean, right now we have nothing to work with.

mezzoforte

Oh yea... [spoiler]you can just ask him to leave (you have to do it before reading the letters though)[/spoiler]

But it's happy in a cultist sort of way.....

Duskling

I say that that's a neutral ending, could be happier, methinks.

Tastidian

Yup thats the ending bittersweet sweet for you bitter for the dude who has to leave. But I'd rather take his gold.

Steelfist

Both Wadi and Mahboob deserve to be ripped off. I think that that Taking Wadi's gold, blackmailing Mahboob, then telling Wadi's wife anyway, is the good ending; they get the justice they deserve, you get gold, and everything comes out into the open.

Duskling

Quote from: Steelfist on August 12, 2010, 11:35:59 PM
Both Wadi and Mahboob deserve to be ripped off. I think that that Taking Wadi's gold, blackmailing Mahboob, then telling Wadi's wife anyway, is the good ending; they get the justice they deserve, you get gold, and everything comes out into the open.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is our typical "sadistic, yet very, very right" Steelfist. :D

Steelfist

Duskling

Although, I think we can all agree that killing Wadi would be a little much, right?

Steelfist

Well, yes. And you wouldn't get the gold.