News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Red or Frost Spriggat?

Started by SmartyPants, August 17, 2010, 03:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which would you prefer as a teammate?

Red Spriggat
7 (58.3%)
Frost Spriggat
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

SmartyPants

We have already seen a Frost Spriggat teammate in TRPG2 and we haven't seen any Red Spriggat characters in any of the Telepath games.  Although, the Frost Spriggat class is more powerful then the Red Spriggat class.

MikeW781

True, but the fact that the spriggat will be a PC means he will be much stronger than an average Spriggat
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on August 25, 2010, 07:40:05 PM
True, but the fact that the spriggat will be a PC means he will be much stronger than an average Spriggat
In TPA2, the PC Frost Spriggat is more powerful then the PC Fire Spriggat.

MikeW781

Okay, I never played that one.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Maybe because it was just some random Red Spriggat? Maybe Craig will want to make this Spriggat more special?

bugfartboy

What about a Psy Spriggat. No elemental affinity. Pure psy. Or maybe awoke fighter. I havn't seen one of them before.

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 26, 2010, 10:38:11 PM
What about a Psy Spriggat. No elemental affinity. Pure psy. Or maybe awoke fighter. I havn't seen one of them before.
Your bad idea is off topic.

KZ

He may be off-topic, im2smart4u, but can you be a bit more diplomatic, please.
Though I do not like the idea myself either.

In any case, Craig specifically developed two new attacks (the elemental shield and the elemental breath 2) for the Red Spriggat to use in TSoG (at least, that was strongly implied back then). Also, given that Frost Spriggat enemy is stronger than a Red Spriggat enemy, it's advantageous to have a Red Spriggat attacking the stronger enemy and dealing more damage to them, and if this is extended to other enemy types,it will give an even further advantage to the player. I also wouldn't mind trying a Red Spriggat for a change, especially since stats don't really matter - though people mentioned it about TPA2, that a Frost Spriggat has higher initial stats, there is nothing stopping the player from accumulating gold and spedning it on a weaker Red Spriggat to make the said Spriggat ultimately stronger.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

No matter which spriggat Craig chooses, half of us will be at least a little disappointed.  It would be nice to be able to choose which element we want like Duvalier did earlier in the game.

KZ

I guess that's true, judging by the results of the poll. If Craig hasn't set on how he'll introduce the Red Spriggat, there is always the possibility of getting into a place with two Spriggat brothers,for instance, and they say that one helps you, and the other one stays behind to keep watch over business/home/relatives/whatnot. This could be a solution.
What would be really nice is to have representatives of all 4 elemental affinities alomngst teammates (which we were almost guaranteed in TRPG2- Guy, the Shadowlings, Grotius covered 3 elements), whilst so far, apart from the Hero, we have only Shadow as back-up.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on August 31, 2010, 10:30:17 AMWhat would be really nice is to have representatives of all 4 elemental affinities alomngst teammates (which we were almost guaranteed in TRPG2- Guy, the Shadowlings, Grotius covered 3 elements), whilst so far, apart from the Hero, we have only Shadow as back-up.
You forgot that Dorgon has the Light element.

In Teammates Affinity, we were discussing how to get all four elements back ups.

KZ

Dorgon was special edition- as far as I know, that version is still Sinisterdesign and Armorgames bound, hence I don't mention him. But you're right, in the expanded edition all the elements are there.

Cheers, I'll have a look at that thread- didn't have time to read each thread carefully, some I skimmed over.
Welcome to the forums!