News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Changing user names

Started by KZ, September 04, 2010, 06:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Through the miracle total randomness of evolution, the one formerly known as Bugfartboy has become Pum-kin.
[spoiler]I crossed out miracle because if you take evolution as true, there are no miracles and we are just desendents of fish and a single called organism that somehow formed from a bunch of chemicals that somehow met and joined to form life in a way that is so improbable that it hasn't been seem since. Now, isn't it likely that a farting bugboy could become a pumpkin named Pum-kin overnight?[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

No. It's not likely. Did Bugfartboy die after giving birth to a Pum-Kin, which came out of his womb looking very blue, because Pum-kins' respiratory system is different from that of a Bugfatboy, and could not gain much oxygen from Buggy. Congratulations, dead Bug! You're a mother!

Actually, it has been seen since, and there are large macromolecules called "proteins" that group together into working organelles every once in a rare while (about once in 10 days), which in turn are surrounded by a bunch of fats and proteins grouped together in a naturally forming item called a "lipid bilayer" rarely (about every 100 years or so). Most of the time, these new cells that show up are totally outcompeted by the life we have around here today.

Which is why we don't seem to see evolution in progress today; a fish won't turn into a frog, because in it's half-frog stage of evolution, it's going to be a sucky fish, and an even suckier frog, and the frogs that have had millions of years to perfect being frogs kick their arse.

After the first cell, any further life generated from random interactions was redundant, and the species which had had a chance to adapt remained dominant.

None of this happens overnight, but it happens a lot faster than you would think. It only takes a few hunred million years to get self-replicating organic molecules, and only one more billion years to get a cell. Then, a couple of billion years to get multi-cellular life to occur, gradually working its way up from symbiotic relationships, to dependency, to mutual reproduction. After that, it just takes off like an increadibly slow rocket!

bugfartboy

Pum-kin is now Fyer (Pronounced [fahyuhr])

HeadShot

I used to be kirby1000.
Now I am TheCerzakfan81.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

CraigStern

Wow! Are there 80 Cerzak fans registered here already? :D

bugfartboy

Haha. I was wondering the same thing.

HeadShot

ArtDrake

cyso

I changed my name from pine to cyso.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Steelfist

But not your pic? You didn't change your pic from a tree when you changd your name from a tree?

HeadShot

Changed Name To HeadShot And Changed Avatar.

cyso

Quote from: Steelfist on January 17, 2011, 10:41:34 AM
But not your pic? You didn't change your pic from a tree when you changd your name from a tree?
I'll get around to that eventually.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Kaseke

Kivatti---->Kaseke

Hence widely being known by that name in the www
If you seek it, you can find it. Freedom can be attained.

SmartyPants

Can you guys pick a name and stick with it?  It is annoying and confusing when you guys change your names every week.

bugfartboy

Aww. Is smarty confuzzled? That's the point of this thread. To kelp the confusion to a minimum. And just FYI I returned to bugfartboy.