News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Living Knight?

Started by SmartyPants, September 10, 2010, 12:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would be more dangerous?

Knight
Ghost Knight

SmartyPants

Ghosts are the entities left over after a people die.
That means Ghost Knights were once living.
Where are the living, axe-wielding Knights of Cera Bella?

The Holy namelesskitty

ghost knights, just because they have physical resistance and can do mental damage if I'm not mistaken. but yes I'd like to see some real living knights.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

You are mistaken.  Ghost knights can't do mental damge.  I also think a ghost axe wouldn't hurt as much as a real axe.

bugfartboy

Hmm. I would think that a living knight would be faster. But I don't know. Why make ghost knights so slow?

Zhampir

Uh... the knights are from an old and extinct culture. This era utilizes machines and psy powers.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Arch Preist of Craiginism on September 11, 2010, 01:47:00 AM
Hmm. I would think that a living knight would be faster. But I don't know. Why make ghost knights so slow?
I think both would move very slow.  The living knight would be in very heavily armor and the ghost knight would have very heavy spirit armor on while attempting to float.

*Maybe there are no more Knights in Cera Bella.  The Ghost Knights could be remnants of a much older time.

*Knights could also be from a different country/city-state in Cera Bella.  The country with living Knights could be based on Feudalism and Nobility.

bugfartboy

And some of the ghost knights we see could have been sent from that country to invade, but failed and died. Thus becoming ghosts. Problem solved.

Tastidian

Quote from: Zhampir on September 11, 2010, 01:47:49 AM
Uh... the knights are from an old and extinct culture. This era utilizes machines and psy powers.
Exactly my thought. Also I think a ghost knight would have less damage than that of a real knight. Real blades do tend to hurt more than that of what ever the ghostly one is. But ghost knights have more health because its hard to damage something that isn't there.

bugfartboy

True. Maybe ghosts consist of a mind bending light to give it a definable form. But because it isn't there, you can't hurt it as easily.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Craig's biggest suck-up on September 11, 2010, 12:47:21 PM
And some of the ghost knights we see could have been sent from that country to invade, but failed and died. Thus becoming ghosts. Problem solved.
So knights could be from a northern country that went south for conquest.  Those who went south died and became ghosts.  What about the knights that remain in the north?

Quote from: PinkPanzer on September 11, 2010, 02:02:00 PMBut ghost knights have more health because its hard to damage something that isn't there.
If you compare spirit enemies to living enemies, then you will notice that the living have more health then their dead counterparts.  Of course spirits make up for their lower health with physical resistance.

bugfartboy

You can't really compare ghosts to humans. There is no living equal to compare to it, in case you havn't noticed. And the knights in the north could have been extinct. I was just saying the ghost knights could have been the dead remains of a conquest attempt that stuck around.

Ertxiem

Or perhaps the Knights belong to the recent History of Ravinale. I believe that General D'Kah is a pole-axe wielder...
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on September 11, 2010, 02:50:24 PM
So knights could be from a northern country that went south for conquest.  Those who went south died and became ghosts.  What about the knights that remain in the north?

North you say, well their is one country in the north and it tried to attack the sotuh but I think nobody would want it in the game!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on September 12, 2010, 11:24:34 AM
Quote from: im2smart4u on September 11, 2010, 02:50:24 PM
North you say, well their is one country in the north and it tried to attack the sotuh but I think nobody would want it in the game!
I am say that there was an Order of Knights that invaded generations ago.  The ancestors of this order might still remain in the North.  If I asked for Living Knights to be in the game, then I would have put this topic in the Wish List.  Plus, this is just my theory.

bugfartboy

im2smart4u: No one was disagreeing with you.

Edit: Cleaned up unnecessary text. Ert.