News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Dundar Empire?

Started by SmartyPants, September 19, 2010, 12:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on September 19, 2010, 09:38:44 PM
Histories of the Dundar Emperors being a fictional book would be somewhat against Anya's character; studious and scholarly, always with her nose in a book.
You have never been assigned a fictional book to read in English class?

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on September 19, 2010, 10:50:52 PM
Quote from: Duckling on September 19, 2010, 09:38:44 PM
Histories of the Dundar Emperors being a fictional book would be somewhat against Anya's character; studious and scholarly, always with her nose in a book.
You have never been assigned a fictional book to read in English class?
You have never read a history book just to enjoy it?

Duskling

I say she's like you, reading about the past to be more knowledgeable in the present.

Steel Ersatz Man

Actually, the truth is, we don't know until Craig answers are questions in this topic.
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

The Holy namelesskitty

I hope that it's a real place, that would just be awesome.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

The Holy namelesskitty

Maybe it can be included in the next one.

Zackirus

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 25, 2010, 11:54:47 AM
I hope that it's a real place, that would just be awesome.

What do you mean!?! There is already a country like the Dudar Empire (cough, cough)!!!

Though personally I wouldn't mind seeing it in TRPG4. Who else agrees with me?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

The Holy namelesskitty

Yeah totally, there could be another entire main quest there in accordance with my Idea of multiple main quests.

Steelfist

I'm in favour of the 'Ancient Civilisation' theory.

It seems the most likely, considering that there is no other references to it, as there likely would be in a current civilisation, and Anya likely prefers history to fiction.

However, they were probably invented 'spur of the moment', to emphasise how studious Anya is.

ArtDrake

Aww... you put the "realism" into "surrealism".

Steelfist

ArtDrake

I'm pointing out that you're the reality check here. It's not really good or bad, so much as just...  :-\ down to earth.

SmartyPants

Quote from: SmartyPants on September 19, 2010, 12:07:10 PMWhen the Hero recruits Anya, she says, ""Now what should I pack?...Do you think I'll have any room for my Histories of the Dundar Emperors?"
Is the Dundar Empire still around?  Who is the current Emperor?  What part of Cera Bella would the Dundar Empire be on?  Is the Histories of the Dundar Emperors a fictional book?

It seems like many of the questions about the Dundar Archipelago will be answered in Telepath Tactics.