News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Tile Ideas

Started by Zackirus, September 19, 2010, 04:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Getting a unanimous 6/6 votes are both the Boat Tiles and The Lava Stream Tiles should be added to the formulated (once it is created of course!).

The Water to Forest Tiles need around one more yay to be added to the formulated.

The Gelf-Hut and Mountain Tiles are both undecided right now and the results will come in after more votes.

The Ice Tiles, fortunately only got 2/7 votes so it will be dropped.

Remember everyone one who hasn't voted in all of them to vote quickly and for to submit new ideas to the forum!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Cypher

Zackirus

Ongoing Tile Ideas:

The ideas suggested (with their authors name) and people supporting are: (List Updated(5)

Mountain Tiles: Zackirus
Zackirus: Yay
im2smart4u: Nay
yogc: Maybe
Namelesskitty: Yay
Duskling: Yay
Duckling: Yay
Bugfartboy: Maybe
Cypher: Yay

Water to Forest Tiles: Zackirus
Bugfartboy: Yay

Gelf Hut/Tent Tiles: Duskling
Zackirus: Nay
Bugfartboy: Nay

Water to Forest tiles will be added to the formulated: with a 6/6 votes.

You can add your votes in if you haven't voted yet.

New Tile Ideas:

(Outside)Castle Tiles:

Surely the hero will have to fight either the Helenites or Mechanics sooner or later in the game. Wouldn't they have a fort or castle of some kind to stay in. If the hero tried to attack them instead of just bursting into the base right away he could have maybe a couple of battles outside the fort. They would be like the house tiles in the city (Un-traversable by non-flying units) but be stone-black coloured.

(Working) Stair Tiles

These are simple tiles, they let non-flying units get up to areas like houses and upper-area (only Travesable by Flying-Units) and let them come back down. These would allow for units to be placed on buildings and have them come down from the building without it looking weird. These tiles would look somewhat what the  background stair tiles but they would actually have a purpose. They would come in Wood, Stone, and Tan/Brick (Ravinale House) Types.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Cypher

Yay again to both of them.

The Holy namelesskitty

yay for outside castle, nay for stair
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Zackirus

The Votes are so far (Updated List(3):

Mountain Tiles: Zackirus
im2smart4u: Nay
yogc: Maybe
Bugfartboy: Maybe

Gelf Hut/Tent Tiles: Duskling
Zackirus: Nay
Bugfartboy: Nay

Outside Castle Tiles: Zackirus
Duskling: Maybe

Stair Tiles: Zackirus
Namelesskitty: Nay
Duckling: Nay
Duskling: Nay

Sand Bush Tile: Bugfartboy

Remeber to sumbit your own Tile Ideas, Improve on others, and vote!

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

Yay castle, nay stair.

Stairs take away the aspect of being unreachable by melee units from rooftops. You can fly with 2 units, jump with a third, and one of the flying units can juxtapose non-flying or leaping units up.

bugfartboy

Yay for both castle and stair.

Duskling

I don't see how the castle will work... is it like the palace of the Cult?

Zackirus

Its is like the the house tiles of Ravinale, expect in a forest setting and they are black/stone.

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Quote from: Zackirus on September 22, 2010, 07:12:30 PM
Its is like the the house tiles of Ravinale, expect in a forest setting and they are black/stone.
Maybe... more tiles to make the house bigger? Otherwise, it's just the house with a different color. So, if there are more tiles to make it bigger, and with a little story to it, I'm all for it, but if it's just a different colored version of the house, then, no thanks. Granted, they may have different colored houses in places like perhaps the North (hint, hint, Craig), and you should be able to make it look like the regular house, but also some more tiles to be able to make it bigger.

bugfartboy

I wonder if Craig has even noticed this thread yet. I think it has SOME merit.

Cypher

Don't worry: I asked KZ to make a Formulated Tile Ideas thread.

bugfartboy

I saw. You didn't need to ask in the topics to lock, move, and merge thread though. What about a thorn bush tile? A dead bush with a sand base.

Duskling

Quote from: Duckling on September 22, 2010, 05:29:27 PM
Nay stair.

Stairs take away the aspect of being unreachable by melee units from rooftops. You can fly with 2 units, jump with a third, and one of the flying units can juxtapose non-flying or leaping units up.
I agree!