News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Tile Ideas

Started by Zackirus, September 19, 2010, 04:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

In this forum you can post some of your own Tile (for Map-Maker) Ideas. Please give a brief description of the tile, if it has any special qualities (I.E: Only flying units can traverse over it, nothing can pass on it). Also, explain why it would be necessary or needed in TSoG. The Top rated tiles will get added to the Formulated Tile Ideas (Which I am asking Ert or KZ to make if this forum become big).

Here are some ideas to get this forum started:

Boat Tiles:

Many people enjoyed the boat battles in TRPG2 (I know I did), so it would be only natural to add them to the tile set. Most people know what they look like what for those that don't, they are wooden tiles that have edge tiles to connect to the water (Un-traversable by non-flying units), a main cabin area (Un-traversable by anything), and some wood in the middle (Traversable by everything). 

Snow and Rock Tiles:

There must be areas in the near future of TSoG that will be in a colder climate. The same goes with Rock/Mountainous areas. The snow tiles would include trees/bushes, paths, ice, and rock adds on to enhance. Rock tiles could have rocks, sand, and snow to enhance the battlefield. The tiles would be like regular tiles (Traversable by everything) expect in the place of trees, rocks, and what not.

Water to Forest Tiles:

The Water tiles only connect to land via sand tiles. It makes it weird when you are trying to do a forest map and want to add water for a little stream and you need to add a sand to water tile to add the water. However with this tile, you can mix water and the forest without having to add in the sand tiles (for a small stream). The tiles would in the sand to water formations and they would be un-traversable by non-flying units.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I was thinking maybe a 1 tile lava/water stream tile. Do you know what I mean?

Zackirus

I sadly don't Buggy, can you explain what you mean please.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

You know how the biggest stream you can get with lava is 2 tile wide? I mean one that is only 1 tile wide.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on September 19, 2010, 04:35:04 PM
Boat Tiles:
Many people enjoyed the boat battles in TRPG2 (I know I did), so it would be only natural to add them to the tile set. Most people know what they look like what for those that don't, they are wooden tiles that have edge tiles to connect to the water (Un-traversable by non-flying units), a main cabin area (Un-traversable by anything), and some wood in the middle (Traversable by everything). 
I know that I would like to see a map similar to the Boat in TRPG2 Duel Mode.

Quote from: Zackirus on September 19, 2010, 04:35:04 PM
Snow and Rock Tiles:
There must be areas in the near future of TSoG that will be in a colder climate. The same goes with Rock/Mountainous areas. The snow tiles would include trees/bushes, paths, ice, and rock adds on to enhance. Rock tiles could have rocks, sand, and snow to enhance the battlefield. The tiles would be like regular tiles (Traversable by everything) expect in the place of trees, rocks, and what not.
I don't see the need.  Lake Alto and Deeper Downs are as north as you can go and their climate isn't very cold.  I also don't see the Hero climbing any mountains to fight anyone.

cyso

Maybe, but it looks nice  :)
Plus, it could be a spoiler for future TRPGs.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

Duskling

Do you remember the hut that you find Gelf in in TRPG2? I'd like a map tile like that to happen, so if there are Gelf enemies, then it would seem like we are invaders on their territory.

Zackirus

The ideas suggested (with their authors name) and people supporting are: (List Updated(4)

Boat Tiles: Zackirus
Zackirus: Yay
im2smart4u: Yay
Namelesskitty: Yay
Duskling: Yay
Duckling: Yay
Bugfartboy: Yay

Snow/Ice Tiles: Zackirus
im2smart4u: Nay
yogc: Maybe
Duskling: Nay
Duckling: Nay
Bugfartboy: Maybe

Mountain Tiles: Zackirus
Bugfartboy: Maybe

Water to Forest Tiles: Zackirus

Stream Lava Tile: Bugfartboy

Gelf Hut/Tent Tiles: Duskling
Zackirus: Nay
Bugfartboy: Nay

You can add your votes in if you haven't voted yet.

- Lord Canada

The Holy namelesskitty

yay for all of them, they don't take away from the game, in fact they add to it, I love the whole Idea.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Duskling

I say "Yay" for the "Boat" and the "Water to Forest" tiles.

Zackirus

Quote from: Duskling on September 20, 2010, 05:55:13 PM

Is everything else a Nay?

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Quote from: Zackirus on September 20, 2010, 05:56:08 PM
Quote from: Duskling on September 20, 2010, 05:55:13 PM

Is everything else a Nay?
I say "Nay" to the "Ice" tiles. Oh, and "Yay" for the "Stream of Lava" tiles. "Maybe" for a "Mountain" tile that I believe was suggested.

ArtDrake

bugfartboy

Quote from: Zackirus on September 20, 2010, 05:47:39 PM

Boat Tiles: Zackirus (1)
im2smart4u: Yay

Snow/Ice Tiles: Zackirus (2)
Duskling: Nay
Duckling: Nay

Mountain Tiles: Zackirus (3)

Water to Forest Tiles: Zackirus (4)

Stream Lava Tile: Bugfartboy (5)

Gelf Hut/Tent Tiles: Duskling (6)
Zackirus: Nay

You can add your votes in if you haven't voted yet.
(1) yay
(2) maybe
(3) maybe
(4) mega yay
(5) mega yay
(6) nah