News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ground Zero Mosque

Started by SmartyPants, September 23, 2010, 08:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Holy namelesskitty

1) so is that any different?
2) yes it is
3) fine by me
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

We ARE a bunch of xenophobes.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on September 24, 2010, 09:13:37 PMI really don't give a rat's furry about the grieving families.
I am guessing that you share the same emotional insensitivity as the selfish jerks building the center.

bugfartboy

Not to be off topic but he can be pretty insensitive.

Duskling

I'm not understanding this completely, you think the Islams are trying to make grieving families get angry and sadder because their Mosque just happens to be near something that the radical faction of Islams did out of misguided worship of their god(s)? I think we should drop this, the Islams aren't trying to hurt anyone, except those radicals, they are just too devoted to their religion, so they believe in some things that they shouldn't be.

The Holy namelesskitty

Emotional insensitivity? The building is only in the vague area of ground zero, and Mc Donalds has hurt many people, I know that there's no proof but due to the amount of cholesterol in those burgers it must have quite a bit of an impact, and there's one on practically every block, but you give no thought to that at all. Is that somehow different? This is just media propaganda that's making everyone afraid, on TV you hear about terrorists, not people who each year give ten percent of their income and fast for thirty days a year to sympathize better with poorer people and Remind them that they are people too. Those people are the real Muslims.

Duskling

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 25, 2010, 06:11:09 PM
Emotional insensitivity? The building is only in the vague area of ground zero, and Mc Donalds has hurt many people, I know that there's no proof but due to the amount of cholesterol in those burgers it must have quite a bit of an impact, and there's one on practically every block, but you give no thought to that at all. Is that somehow different? This is just media propaganda that's making everyone afraid, on TV you hear about terrorists, not people who each year give ten percent of their income and fast for thirty days a year to sympathize better with poorer people and Remind them that they are people too. Those people are the real Muslims.
I think it would be fair to say that the terrorist bombings of 9/11 are quite different from McDonalds, as McDonalds is just a restaurant business trying to earn lots of money by selling cheap, high-cholesterol food, but those particular radicals of 9/11 were trying to do something which is not clear to me for their god(s) by crashing air planes into skyscrapers. I'm not saying that they were trying to hurt people, but I'm not entirely sure that they weren't, so yes, McDonalds and 9/11 are two very different things, but regular Islams/Muslims are, just like us, regular people, just with a different set of beliefs, and we shouldn't look down on the entire race because of one incident that probably was not supported by the majority of them. So I don't think you gave a fair comparison, and the McDonalds vs. 9/11 point really never stood a chance in my opinion, but I'm with you 100% on the last point about Muslims being people with rights too.

The Holy namelesskitty

Yeah I think that was stupid too, but I was hungry.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duskling on September 25, 2010, 06:03:53 PM
I'm not understanding this completely, you think the Islams are trying to make grieving families get angry and sadder because their Mosque just happens to be near something that the radical faction of Islams did out of misguided worship of their god(s)?
The goal of the project isn't to upset the grieving 9/11 families.  The issue is that they know the project wil upset 9/11 families and they don't care.  They are willing to  distress thousands of fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, husbands, wifes, sons, daughters, and friends who lost love ones, just to make a political statement.

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 25, 2010, 06:11:09 PM
Emotional insensitivity? The building is only in the vague area of ground zero, and Mc Donalds has hurt many people, I know that there's no proof but due to the amount of cholesterol in those burgers it must have quite a bit of an impact, and there's one on practically every block, but you give no thought to that at all. Is that somehow different?
WHAT IS FUCKING WRONG WITH YOU!  Do you not realize what it is like to have a family member of yours murdered. To have a loved one there during one moment and gone the next, because their life was an obstacle to a murder's goals.  If I could, I would punch you right now for downplaying the murder of about 3,000 people by comparing it to McDonalds giving some people with free will the option of eating themselves to death. 

bugfartboy

I have to agree with im2smart4u on this.[spoiler]I'm sorry. I just have to shudder. I never though those words should come from my digital mouth.[/spoiler] It's insensitive. And nameless did not just make a bad comparison but instead an insensitive comparison just because he's hungry. I implie the first sentence im2smart4u used in his previous post.

ArtDrake

Don't you think for ONE MOMENT that I don't know what it's like to lose a loved one. But I understand that not all of what killed my loved one was bad. The 9/11 families should too. And some of them HAVE! You're over generalizing, saying "the 9/11 families" as a general whole, tyring to make it look like you're the great speaker for those that have lost loved ones. But you're not. You are just an ill-informed blaggart furthering the goals of those who would see America become a nation of shunning. The "extremists" were not Islam. They may say they were, but they weren't. And many of the "9/11 families" are actually supporting the Islamic community center. They think it is a good chance for healing the cultural rifts caused by the despicable, low-down scum of the earth that suicide-bombed the Trade Center, and you're saying you'd like to stand in the way.

bugfartboy

I really don't think you know what you are talking about. I live by this:
Quote from: Proverbs 10:18
Whoever hides hatred has lying lips, 
And whoever spreads slander is a fool.
A lot of what you just said was slander. I really don't care if I'm a
Quote from: Duckling on September 26, 2010, 03:22:30 PM
ill-informed blaggart furthering the goals of those who would see America become a nation of shunning.

You claim to know what you are talking about when you don't and try to hide the fact by insulting us.

ArtDrake

nonono, I didn't mean you; I meant im2smart4u. If you choose to associate yourself with him, and thus my label (or as you say, libel) unto him, go on right ahead. But let it not be said that I directly called the fartboy of bugs "an ill-imformed blaggart".

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on September 26, 2010, 03:22:30 PMDon't you think for ONE MOMENT that I don't know what it's like to lose a loved one. But I understand that not all of what killed my loved one was bad. The 9/11 families should too. And some of them HAVE! You're over generalizing, saying "the 9/11 families" as a general whole, tyring to make it look like you're the great speaker for those that have lost loved ones. But you're not. You are just an ill-informed blaggart furthering the goals of those who would see America become a nation of shunning. The "extremists" were not Islam. They may say they were, but they weren't. And many of the "9/11 families" are actually supporting the Islamic community center. They think it is a good chance for healing the cultural rifts caused by the despicable, low-down scum of the earth that suicide-bombed the Trade Center, and you're saying you'd like to stand in the way.
Don't call me "ill-informed".  You are the dumbass who repeatedly calls muslims "Islams".  People who are adherent of the religion of Islam are called "muslims".
Yes, some of the 9/11 families support the center and that is good thing, but the majority of the 9/11 families don't want to see any reminder of the murder of thier loved ones.  You need to develop empathy, so you can stop acting like an insensitive bastard.  What kind of jerk implies grieving families need to 'just get over it'.

Quote from: Bugfartboy on September 26, 2010, 03:40:58 PMI really don't think you know what you are talking about. I live by this:
Quote from: Proverbs 10:18Whoever hides hatred has lying lips, 
And whoever spreads slander is a fool.
A lot of what you just said was slander. I really don't care if I'm a
Quote from: Duckling on September 26, 2010, 03:22:30 PM
ill-informed blaggart furthering the goals of those who would see America become a nation of shunning.
You claim to know what you are talking about when you don't and try to hide the fact by insulting us.
Since he is writing, he would be guilty of libel.  He has lost any reasonable arguement, so he reverted to defamation

CraigStern

All right, this is devolving into a morass of personal attacks. I understand that this is an emotional topic for some of us, but curse words and personal insults do not belong on these forums.

Thread locked.