News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Government of Choice

Started by Duskling, October 17, 2010, 12:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWanderingShadow

Most governments are perfect...in theory. Of course, human error always sees to their downfalls. I personally like the idea of communism.
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

ArtDrake

I like im2smart4u's idea of that place ruled over by angels.

Whoops. I mean... I don't like that idea.

The Holy namelesskitty

@TWS: we can't base effects on speculation alone, if it is at all testable those results always take precedence. Therefore the government that holds up on paper might not be the one that holds up in real life, the only sure way to know is trial and error and we must base our facts on past and present attempts. On there grounds I favor the one party system of China however as a person I favor democracy due to its relative fairness.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Steelfist

While communism is a nice idea, it simply  doesn't work in practice. That is fairly evident. However, nothing seems to workin the long term. Is that a problem with the government, or with the public? Or just humans in general? Humans want more; that's our nature. And we want different things. Does it prevent us from living in a tuly peaceful and steady society? Apparently so.

Duskling

Quote from: Steelfist on December 14, 2010, 12:36:36 PM
While communism is a nice idea, it simply  doesn't work in practice. That is fairly evident. However, nothing seems to workin the long term. Is that a problem with the government, or with the public? Or just humans in general? Humans want more; that's our nature. And we want different things. Does it prevent us from living in a tuly peaceful and steady society? Apparently so.
Nicely done, and it is true, but it wasn't only human nature, if it wasn't for leaders like Stalin, then I believe Communism would have lasted longer, at least by a little bit. Besides, in Russia, Communism was, by a small margin, better than Tsarism.