News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Outcome of Proposition 19

Started by ArtDrake, November 01, 2010, 09:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

Tomorrow, the votes are in, and days or weeks after, the decision shall be made. Polls are saying that marijuana legalizaiton supporters are in the minority, and Gil Kerlikowske is threatening that the federal government will sue California if Prop. 19 passes.

SmartyPants

California isn't going to be sued, while Obama and Eric Holder are incharge of the Department of Justice.  The Arizona immigration law debate has proved that they care more about thier political agenda, then they care about the rule of law.  Eric Holder has sued Arizona for trying to enforce federal law and said he will not sue sanctuary cities for breaking federal law.  Obama and Holder will not enforce laws that they don't agree with; especially when it could alienate their base.  If Obama and Holder sue California for legalizing marijuana, then they would alienate Obama's base of young people (who had to be high to vote him into office).  Plus, Obama has said that he has "inhaled [marijuana] frequently".

bugfartboy

Gah. I wouldn't vote for him anyway. I don't use drugs (thank the good Lord). In my opinion, Obama just needs to accept the fact that he's not going to be re-elected and do something besides work on his own agenda. If I remember correctly, isn't the job of President in the Executive branch to execute the law? From what little I've gotten the chance to see, hasn't he been obstructing the law?

cyso

Prop. 19 failed. Good riddance. Maybe California will stop trying to legalize marijuana (I know, wishful thinking).
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

ArtDrake

I never said Obama himself would sue California -- just his drug czar.

You guys obviously have a withering opinion of Obama. Buggy, you honestly sound less informed than angry. im2smart4u, where'd you get your quote? Felons aren't allowed to run for president.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on November 04, 2010, 07:38:15 PM
I never said Obama himself would sue California -- just his drug czar.
His drug czar doesn't have the authority to sue a state. He has to have the Department of Justice due it.

Quote from: Duckling on November 04, 2010, 07:38:15 PMYou guys obviously have a withering opinion of Obama. im2smart4u, where'd you get your quote? Felons aren't allowed to run for president.
Just search CNN and youtube and you will find that Obama has adimitted to smoking weed multiple times.  I have little respect for Obama on a personal level.  He is slimeball who only became senator through sleezy Chicago-style politics.  He has shown no signs of integrity and has proven that he will screw anyone over to get ahead.

Duckling, if you are ill informed like most of your arguments, then don't even bother argueing.

ArtDrake

I'm not arguing (ya drop the "e" when you turn to present progressive, too) so much as inquiring as to the nature of Obama's "slimeball"ness. I haven't seen any evidence of him "screwing anyone over to get ahead"

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on November 04, 2010, 08:38:47 PMI haven't seen any evidence of him "screwing anyone over to get ahead"

CNN's Obama Revealed:
Quote from: CNN's Obama RevealedMALVEAUX: He returned to Chicago more focused and ready to make his move into politics. When State Senator Alice Palmer tapped Obama to run for her seat, he jumped at the chance. State Senator Rickey Hendon was Palmer's friend.

RICKEY HENDON, ILLINOIS STATE SENATOR: Her and Barack had a discussion about him replacing her for the Senate when she went to Congress. So, there was an agreement between them.

MALVEAUX: But then something unexpected happened.

EMIL JONES, ILLINOIS SENATE PRESIDENT: She lost the race. Then she decided to come -- that she wanted to come back.

HENDON: She said, well, look, I'm going to run for reelection.

MALVEAUX: Palmer asked Obama to withdraw.

JONES: He refused to step down.

HENDON: There's no way Barack could have beat Alice Palmer in that seat. It just wasn't going to happen. Alice was extremely popular.

MALVEAUX: Obama played hardball. He challenged Palmer's right to be on the ballot.

MENDELL: He looked at her nominating petitions that she had to submit to the board of elections and could see that they were put together in a real hurry.

HENDON: And the people who she had depended on to do her petitions really did not do a good job.

WILL BURNS, FORMER CAMPAIGN VOLUNTEER: The rules are there for a reason.

MALVEAUX: Will Burns was part of an Obama team that found a number of Palmer's signatures were not valid.

BURNS: One of the first things you do whenever you're in the middle of a primary race or any race, especially in primaries in Chicago, you look at the signatures.

MALVEAUX: Successfully challenging her signatures, Obama knocked Alice Palmer, a revered political figure, off the ballot, as well as all three other candidates. While Obama's campaign today promotes him as a different kind of politician, back then he was an avid student of Chicago-style politics.

MENDELL: Morally, he had some complications with whether he should knock this woman out of the way.

MALVEAUX: David Mendell is a Chicago reporter who wrote Obama's biography.

MENDELL: In the end, what happened is we saw the first real example of Barack Obama's cutthroat nature when it came to advancing his own career in politics.

Instead of helping the people in the Gulf during the oil spill, he decided to use their misfortune to advantace his leftest agenda.  He used the disaster as his chance to ban off shore drilling.  If you know anything about the Gulf region, then you would know that Louisiana has only two vital industries:Seafood and Oil.  The oil spill put half of Louisiana out of work, while Obama's offshore drilling moratorium put the other half out of work. To justify his actions, Obama made a panel to find the cause of the oil spill.  Of course this panel lacked engineers, but instead was full of environmental activists and academics who don't understanding anything offshore drilling.  Many of the people in the panel found the solution to preventing another oil spill is to continue the ban on offshore drilling.  Obama's was willing to screw over an entire region just to further his political agenda.  If you listen to his Oval Office Address on the oil spill, then you will notice that he spends over twice the time talking about green energy, then he talks about helping the people in Gulf.

During his presidental campain, he threw his pastor, Jeremiah Wright, under the bus to help him win votes.  In order further his political career, Obama was willing to betray the man who wed him and his wife, baptise both of his children, and acted as his spiritual advisor for 20 years.

ArtDrake

Well, that seems like a pile of... evidence.

But "Chicago-style politics" would imply that it is a generally acknowledged practice in Chicago to be like that. If he didn't, someone else would have. That's politics, not just Obama.

His "leftist agenda" is a good thing, as far as I am concerned. BP is entirely responsible for what happened, and it isn't the government's responsibility to clean up the mess, or foot the bill. Anyway, this wouldn't have happened if we didn't drill oil, and like Chernobyl, this wouldn't have happened if someone hadn't been egregiously asleep at the switch. Somnus would have had them in a heartbeat (Nuclear power rocks).

"Screwing over" the "entire region" was going to have happened no matter when that was taken care of, oil spill or not. This was just convenient.

Honestly, I don't give a rat's furry backside about a man who baptised some kids, married some people; it's religious.